Kombi system from Stihl

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by calsconstruction, Mar 1, 2010.

1. 1whitetail

1whitetail LawnSite Member
    from florida

I have an fs 85 kombi with the trimmer, hedge trimmer, pole saw, extender, and edger attachments. I have never had any problems with it and would buy one again. As for the blower, I have a stihl handheld. I don't have that blower attachment for the kombi because it looks a little cumbersome and awkward to use.

2. Buddy Buds

Buddy Buds LawnSite Member

I have the 110 with trimmer, edger, hedge trimmer and brush wacker. It works great. I also have the 90 trimmer.

3. Brad Ent

Brad Ent LawnSite Member

We run a 110 w/trimmer and hedge attachements.
    It's little heavy, but great back up tool.

4. meicher806

meicher806 LawnSite Senior Member

Redmax, Really?!? I have tried them 2x before and both redmax's were junk, wouldnt run for crap. Ive never had a problem with my stihl's I plan to buy one this year since i need a new trimmer and im tired of using my little wonder edger every other week on some jobs.

5. White Gardens

White Gardens LawnSite Fanatic

I don't have a Kombi, but I swap the heads out at the end of old school, pos fs66 trimmer that I can't seem to kill as hard as I try. As soon as it dies I might go ahead and buy the KOMBI motor as most of my attachments came from e-bay with the KOMBI shafts, so it would be a simple up-grade.

I have a cultivator, trimmer, hedge trimmer, and edger.

The only issue that I run into is that You can mess the heads of the torque screws up pretty easily, so I have a handful extra lying around to replace as needed.

That and I would prefer the shorter shaft for the hedge trimmer for the majority of bushes I do aren't that tall and the long shaft can be cumbersome.

6. CLARK LAWN

CLARK LAWN LawnSite Silver Member

i have the 130 with the trimmer, edger, hedge trimmer, and wire brush wheel. this year im going to get the pole pruner and the extention. if you are just buying one attatchment then probably not worth it but i like it cause i can use it with all these different things. i dont take it out as a everyday tool but its nice to have around for other work. i probably use it 2-3 times a week.

7. DA Quality Lawn & YS

DA Quality Lawn & YS LawnSite Fanatic

I have the KM90 with string trimmer and rototiller heads. I like it for the tiller, can mulch up small gardens and beds real nice with it. For trimming though, I think the unit is too heavy. I prefer to use my common ol hardware store Weed Eater for most of my trimming because it is so lightweight.

8. mds2000

mds2000 LawnSite Member

i had the same thought then found out stihl has a short shaft that you have to buy seperatly and is like 80$ i think it is about 12inches long but is so nice to use but i find i still use the long one quite a bit still :canadaflag:

9. Rexdale Grass

Rexdale Grass LawnSite Member

love the 110 have the hedge trimmer and doing 100ft runs of 8ft tall hedges are fun now