Kombi worth it for me?

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by JMiller08, Apr 26, 2008.

1. JMiller08

JMiller08 LawnSite Senior Member

I talked to my stihl dealer for prices today. Power head alone 289. Im looking to get the weedeater att, blower att, and edger att. This is my first year just getting my feet wet. I have one account and a few more are on the way. I havent advertised at all and will be doing a little in the upcoming weeks. All together i think it was around 600 before taxes. Is it worth it for me and how does the kombi and these attachments perform? Thanks guys

2. DuallyVette

DuallyVette LawnSite Gold Member

I'd get a 26cc trimmer, a 26cc edger, and the biggest Back Pack Blower (8001 RM)
    The multi topol looks like a homeowners playtoy.

3. Marek13

Marek13 LawnSite Member

I've used one of those echo splits with multiple attachments. My 2 cents - after using it for half season the greased joints (end to the power head and the attachments) will accumulate so much dust -you will have hell of a time attaching anything to you power head -after all lots of exposed joints -lots of headaches-and for the price of an attachment you can pick up decent trimmer or edger (+-) save yourself time and money
    Again that’s just my experience.

4. Paulup

Paulup LawnSite Senior Member

I have the KM-130 with trimmer and blower and love it, really solid and the savings is great.

5. cgaengineer

cgaengineer LawnSite Fanatic

Cant go wrong with the KM, very good unit and its not a home owner model either. I have 2 power heads so I can still have a trimmer and an edger if I need both...kinda hard running both at same time though.

Speaking of home owner play toys...26 cc? I have seen model airplane engines bigger than that!!:rolleyes: I will hook my 36cc KM130 to any of your 26cc engines and twist it like a pretzel!!;)

Never had a problem with dust either...I dont even use the caps!

6. DuallyVette

DuallyVette LawnSite Gold Member

36CC KM130. ? Is it heavy. I use 26cc stuff because you have enough power for the job. The 30cc + stuff would be heavier than necessary.

I guess a blower on the end of a stick would be great if you wanted to play with the dirt on the sidewalk.

7. gunner27

gunner27 LawnSite Member
    from ohio

I have had an FS 110 for about 4 years now and it has been trouble free other than a coil that had to be replaced under warenty. Just recently bought a KM 90 with the pole saw attachment. It seems to have all the power I would need. I don't think you could go wrong with any of the KM series. From what you describe, the split attachment system would be the best way to go.

8. Just Mow

Just Mow LawnSite Senior Member
    from Texas

Thats because of the Echo design, you don't have that with the Stihl.

9. Just Mow

Just Mow LawnSite Senior Member
    from Texas

I have the KM setup and posted a video of the KM Blower in use.

Great equipment.

10. grass_cuttin_fool

grass_cuttin_fool LawnSite Gold Member

I have a friend in the lawn care business and after 5-6 years of heavy use his is starting to give trouble where it splits. I bought a trimmer with the drive shaft and then just put the gear box attachments on the shaft....may take a few minutes....I would guess 5 minutes to change out....but usually the edger stays on it 95% of the time

wayne