Kombisystem STIHL

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by Wissmow, Feb 22, 2005.

1. Wissmow

Wissmow LawnSite Member
    from Ohio

Wanting to buy either the km 55 r or the km110r (4-mix). Thinking about buying the edger attachment also. Wondering if anyone had either powerhead? About $150.00 more for the km110r. (worth extra money?) Also does the edger attachment work? (if so straight or curved shaft)

2. PMLAWN

PMLAWN LawnSite Gold Member

I can only 1/2 way help. I have the combi system but only the hedge trimmer stuff and the pole saw. I do like the 110 4 mix set up and it has good power. At my dealer pro day I bought 4 mix trimmers and stick edgers for next year. Some of my Echo stuff is getting old so I am going to replace it with 4 Mix.
    Good power and quite. I have not used the edgers yet. Sorry.
    BUT do not buy a curved shaft trimmer. It does not turn and do sideways very easy. IMO

3. Popsicle

Popsicle LawnSite Member

Like PMLawn, I don't have experience with the edger attachment. I use the KM110 power head with a straight-shaft line trimmer and a pole hedge trimmer. The power is great, not as loud as the FS85's, and less vibration. So far, the "buzzing" fingertips sensation is gone too.

4. olderthandirt

olderthandirt LawnSite Platinum Member
    from here

Have the 110 and straight shaft edger and it works great highly recommend it. Plenty of power and never needed repairs. The edger will cut through an 1to1-1/2 inches of soil like a hot knife through butter

Mac

5. Smitty58

Smitty58 LawnSite Senior Member

I have the 110 with every attachment except power broom which I plan to buy. I also highly recommend it. Every attachment works great ,with plenty of power and not as noisy the 2 cycle.

6. bls47303

bls47303 LawnSite Senior Member
    from Indiana

Ive got the 55 with the edger and it doesn't have enough power for me. I'm upgrading to the 110 this season.

7. sethsodsquad

sethsodsquad LawnSite Member

Isn't the Km55 a homeowner model? If you are gonna use this more than once a week, I'd go for the KM110 for sure.

It'll pay off in the long run-

Seth

8. AlpineNaturescapes

AlpineNaturescapes LawnSite Member

Mine ran beautifully and smooth for two years till the end of last year when it got dusted while trying to fall off the trailer. It's been in the shop 2 times since, and still is not quite right. O/W it has been completely dependable, quiet, tons of power and torque. Love the articulating hedge trimmers, pole saw is OK, straight shaft trimmer and edger attachments can't be beat. Only thing is it gets heavy for some guys. If you are tall, definitely get the straight shafts.

9. hosejockey2002

hosejockey2002 LawnSite Bronze Member

I've got a KM85R with articulating hedge trimmer, stick edger, trimmer and cultivator. Lots of power (same powerhead as FS85 trimmer) and all attachments work well.

10. littlenic

littlenic LawnSite Member

Have 3 KM110 with almost every attachment, love it.

littlenic