1. Missed the live Ask the Expert event?
    Not to worry. Check out the archived thread of the Q&A with Ken Hutcheson, President of U.S. Lawns, and the LawnSite community on the Franchising Forum.

Dismiss Notice

KS_Grasscutter Picture Thread

Discussion in 'Original Pictures Forum' started by KS_Grasscutter, Sep 30, 2008.

1. KS_Grasscutter

KS_Grasscutter LawnSite Gold Member

Took some pics the other day, so I thought I'd post them all up here.

First, stripes from my new Grasshopper:
    [​IMG]

New 223 Grasshopper. 52", with 2 bag collection system:
    [​IMG]

A couple trailer pics:
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

Rig (no, it WASN'T fun pitchforking out all the clippings at the landfill):
    [​IMG]

2. pclawncare

pclawncare LawnSite Senior Member

Thats the exact same grasshopper as i have except i have a 61" deck looking good when did you get that?

3. KS_Grasscutter

KS_Grasscutter LawnSite Gold Member

About 3 weeks ago. A buddy of mine has a 227/61 with the 3 bag catcher and is fixing to trade it on a 325D or a 335 big block. I don't know how you get by with the 23/61. His bogs down, even side discharging normal growth on level ground... not too impressive. My 223 bogs down a little with the 52", but it aint that bad.

I think now I got a pretty good rig put together. 52" Hopper, 42" Walker, 36" Walker on some days, and 21" Deere. Use the Hopper on 85% or so of my lawns, then everything else on the rest. Getting kinda fat, really should skip the 36" Walker and just use the 21"... but that would suck...a lot.

4. RedMax Man

RedMax Man LawnSite Platinum Member

I thought u had a brand new Walker. Did you sell it to get a used one. Looks like you have a good variety. Now get a dump insert.

5. Pastaboy62

Pastaboy62 LawnSite Senior Member

I like your truck....

6. 02DURAMAX

02DURAMAX LawnSite Gold Member

Nice Hopper...I dont have a dealer near me and have seen maybe one.

7. deere615

deere615 LawnSite Fanatic

Looking good, thats alot of grass!

8. MJS

MJS LawnSite Bronze Member

Nice rig, and sweet trailer. . . yeah I have the same problem with clippings/leaves - having to drop them in the bed, and shovel them out at the dump lol.

You must have a lot of open lawns - a 52" zt would be way too big for many of my accounts.

9. corey4671

corey4671 LawnSite Silver Member

...or a loadhandler

10. Kennedy Landscaping

Kennedy Landscaping LawnSite Fanatic

Looks good. Those older trucks are sure beasts. Any plan on upgrading? Good setup and good luck