KS_Grasscutter Picture Thread

Discussion in 'Original Pictures Forum' started by KS_Grasscutter, Sep 30, 2008.

1. ryry278

ryry278 LawnSite Senior Member

How does the older chevys hold up with towing? I think if i expand i will get an older chevy that is clean, we don't drive any interstate on our routes.

2. KS_Grasscutter

KS_Grasscutter LawnSite Gold Member

It does great. I am pretty sure that this winter I am either going to rebuild the engine that's in it, or get a different engine for it. It burns and leaks oil, and makes all kinds of noises that a gasoline engine should not make. I just wish it was 4x4 so I could hang a plow on it.

I have pulled my mowing trailer for a couple years with it. Have also pulled a Bobcat a few times, and used it on the farm pulling fertilizer trailers that are quite heavy. When it's running right, it'll pull my mowing trailer with 2 ztrs on it at 75 mph down the highway.

3. Kennedy Landscaping

Kennedy Landscaping LawnSite Fanatic

If you ever make it out to Wichita you should check out Means Motors. He did my truck and did a great job. Every thing looks good. I like that shop and the calendar is definetly a nice touch:)

4. KS_Grasscutter

I'll do most of the work on the truck myself. Thats the good thing about older trucks, they are quite easy to work on.

5. KS_Grasscutter

Well, I finally got a nice truck. Found a 2002 Chevy Z71, traded the Ranger for it.

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]

6. deere615

deere615 LawnSite Fanatic

Nice Ride :weightlifter: what motors in it?

7. KS_Grasscutter

Vortec 327 (5.3). Gets the same or better fuel economy than my Ranger did lol.

8. deere615

deere615 LawnSite Fanatic

cool, I got the 4.8 V8 I wanted bigger but at least I got the V8 I didn't want a V6

9. corey4671

corey4671 LawnSite Silver Member

that 5.3 is a tough little motor. With the Z71 you most likely have a 3.73 rear end. No bigger than your trailer is it should have no problem at all. Looks good!

10. KS_Grasscutter

I'm actually not going to use this as a work truck very often. Only time will be going to pick up equipment in Wichita, or like in the middle of summer when there isn't many grass clippings to haul away.

I would like to replace my mowing truck with a 3/4 ton or 1 ton flatbed dump, preferably 4x4, within the next year.