1. Missed the live Ask the Expert event?
    Not to worry. Check out the archived thread of the Q&A with Ken Hutcheson, President of U.S. Lawns, and the LawnSite community in the Franchising forum .

Dismiss Notice

KSSS house demo

Discussion in 'Heavy Equipment & Pavement' started by ksss, Apr 27, 2008.

1. ksss

ksss LawnSite Fanatic

Here is some demo pictures from earlier this week. Unfortuately I don't have any action shots of the house going down.

2. F3Nelson

F3Nelson LawnSite Member

If you were in KS, I'd go to work for you. Ive got 7 years experience running equipment, and loved to demo shyt!!!!!

Great job!!
  3. bobcat_ron

bobcat_ron LawnSite Fanatic

Been there, done that, I hate hammering walls!
  4. Construct'O

Construct'O LawnSite Bronze Member
    from Sw Iowa

With all the rocks wheres the yard and grass that is suppose to be growing,it looks more like a parking lot then yard !!!!!

So does running the hammer on it's side cause the hammer to have problems later, or it doesn't matter? Could you run it upside down if needed?

Never thought of running one like you was using it.Thanks for sharing you pics.You have way to many rocks for me , i like green grass covered yards.Good luck.
  5. RockSet N' Grade

RockSet N' Grade LawnSite Silver Member

was that skid steer running on a remote control system while you were operating the excavator? Nice job........I just bid one kinda like that for $6k......someone very hungry did it for $1,500.......
  6. RockSet N' Grade

Constructo......that's funny!!! That a nice green grassy area by Idaho standards! :)
  7. RockSet N' Grade

bobcatron......that kitty cat with head fones is still killing me.......and inspiring me too.....
  8. ksss

ksss LawnSite Fanatic

Yea there is a lot more feed back from the hammer doing walls then there is doing flat work concrete.
  9. ksss

ksss LawnSite Fanatic

It was basically a parking lot. We will be digging the foundation for a car wash toward the front of the property and storage units in the back. We did a large storage unit complex for this guy a couple years ago. This one is not as big but it will be a decent job.

As far as the hammer it is right side up, just hammering perpendicular to the wall instead of the floor. I don't have a camera crew like mrsops so I planted the hammer in the wall and then squeezed out of the cab and took a picture. I am trying take more pictures this year, I want to update my website this Fall so I need material. I wanted one with the roller, but I get going and didn't feel like stopping for a photo op (I need to change that mentality).

As for the topsoil, you may not know this Construct'O but that is topsoil, it is just the granulars are larger and harder than typical topsoil granulars.

We do quite a bit of demo and I continue to be surprised on the amount of trucks it takes to haul off material. This one was 6 Side dumps and 15 tandem dump trucks.
  10. mrsops

mrsops LawnSite Silver Member

pics look good ksss i can send one of my boys over to snap some shots if you want :)