KSSS job pictures 2

Discussion in 'Heavy Equipment & Pavement' started by ksss, Jul 3, 2008.

1. ksss

ksss LawnSite Fanatic

Here are some jobs pictures. The foundation was way over engineered. It was about 11'8'' in the ground including reveal. Alot of material to move. It was about 4500 square feet.

Pretty Hole, IF, 5.08 002 X1.jpg

Pretty Hole, IF, 5.08 003X1.jpg

Pretty Hole, IF, 5.08 005x1.jpg

6.08 IF Dig 005X1.jpg
  2. ksss

ksss LawnSite Fanatic

Here is some others of a 16K square foot home. I have been working here for almost two years. The pictures of the hole are the tunnel which will connect the big house to the gymnasium on the left side of the picture of the house. The unbricked building is a pool house, although the pool is outdoor. We dig the pool next week.

6.08 IF Dig 004X1.jpg

6.08 IF Dig 002X1.jpg

6.08 IF Dig 003X1.jpg
  3. YellowDogSVC

YellowDogSVC LawnSite Gold Member
    from TX

looks like a nice sand box to play in!
  4. coopers

coopers LawnSite Bronze Member

Great pics! I forgot that you have some new pieces of equipment. Is that loader yours too? I forgot, how many people are working for you? Your 9020 looks like it's still in good shape, what are the hours?
  5. ksss

ksss LawnSite Fanatic

The loader was rented. I would like to have one but for now I will continue to rent. The 9020 has 8300 hours on it. It runs good for an old war horse. I currently have two guys working for me.
  6. coopers

coopers LawnSite Bronze Member

Wow, the 9020 looks good. Lots of hours. Which machine do you find yourself on the most?
  7. ksss

ksss LawnSite Fanatic

Lately it seems the 9020B, but it goes in cycles.
  8. Junior M

Junior M LawnSite Fanatic

good luck digging the pool!!!

and is the dodge dually yours?
    cuz if it is it is a nice truck wish i had one.............
  9. RockSet N' Grade

RockSet N' Grade LawnSite Silver Member

Ksss.......that is a nice "starter" home that you are working on.....
  10. Construct'O

Construct'O LawnSite Bronze Member
    from Sw Iowa

Where's all the black dirt and MUD :confused:

If you dug that deep here you would have to be pumping the water out faster then you was digging.Plus you would'nt be setting that close to the hole digging.

You would have to have that gravely dirt to backfill to run on top of the mud at the bottom that your carring down into the hole with the skid to get around.

Amazing how the dirt/mud/rock is, in different areas.Again i see why you insist on using a wheel skid in your area!

You have instant gravel on your jobs,if you would screed that stuff you would have a pile of pea gravel and not enough dirt to back fill with looks like.

What was you saving the rocks on the bank for ? to throw at the help or the inspector?Or was it for the better half :rolleyes:

The late set of pictures of that job ,looked to be a real challenge with the footings sticking out at the base, having to locate, and
    digging around then.That eats up time that you could be hogging dirt,but comes with the territory.

As usual a great job and thanks for sharing.Good luck:usflag: