kubota 300 series and zd sereis users, questions

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by grassman177, Feb 14, 2008.

1. grassman177

grassman177 LawnSite Fanatic

i am a big supporter on this site about kubota and have used the zd series since its conception and the original old style deck before4 the pro deck with a zd 21. then have upgraded as the design got better as i really loved the diesel performance and power.

i currently use brand new 326 models with 60 inch cut which replaced our zd28 60". i have found that they do not get the hillside traction that the zd28 was superb at. i have come to the conclusion that it is due to increased height and weight of the new machines. i love the new power behind the new transmissions and the overall better comfort of the machines and way better cut, but the old zd's really held hills better than all the other brands except maybe scag, they do really well.

My question is are any of you familiar with this and what have you done or tried to do better on steep inclines with the 300 series mowers.:confused:

2. jgangaware

jgangaware LawnSite Member

I'm not responding to your thread, but being a kuboat user, I was wondering if you could add some insight to mine. Its " Used kubota value" on page 2 of this forum. Thanks.

3. Mickhippy

Mickhippy LawnSite Platinum Member

Its a shame you say that about the Kubotas! Im sorta in the market and researching a new machine for next season and was going to check out the 300 series. But if there cr@p on hills, I wont even bother getting a brochure!

4. grassman177

yeah, they are not so good during the wet conditions, but they can power up them nicely

5. Mickhippy

Mickhippy LawnSite Platinum Member

If you go up a hill, ya gotta come down again!

6. grassman177

true, i don't know what conditions you have, i have some daunting hillsides that i am referring to that the traction was reduced once i switched to the 300 series. but most applications it is fine. you should try one out at least on you worst hill to find out for sure, you never know. it is cool to talk to someone in aussieville about lawn care, i guess it is big business there too, not so much i think in Europe as i have been all over there and seen no signs of professionally managed turf except for sports fields