1. Missed the live Ask the Expert event?
    Not to worry. Check out the archived thread of the Q&A with Ken Hutcheson, President of U.S. Lawns, and the LawnSite community in the Franchising forum .

Dismiss Notice

Kubota 326 pro/Scag turf tiger ??

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by coobie, May 29, 2007.

1. coobie

coobie LawnSite Member

I am looking at buying one of these two machines this week the kubota pro ZD326 diesel with 26hp 60 inch deck or Scag turf tiger with the 25HP kubota diesel with 61 inch deck.Any thoughts between the two?Thanks coobie.
  2. JTF40

JTF40 LawnSite Senior Member

You CANNOT go wrong with either machine - both are fine choices with the Kubota diesel. They literally "sip" fuel and are VERY reliable engines.

What are the price differences?
  3. hornett22

hornett22 LawnSite Senior Member

get the scag.i love kubota engines but i'm not confidant in their tranny issues being resolved yet.
  4. coobie

coobie LawnSite Member

Thanks for the replies.Could you please explain the tranny issues the kubota is having?Thanks again.coobie
  5. twj721

twj721 LawnSite Senior Member

Go Scag if you have any harda** Bahia grass I had 2 of the Kubota ZD 1 was a zd18-54 and the other was a zd 28-60 pro and both would not cut Bahia they would leave shooters standing or Scag sabertooth was not leaving shooters got rid of ZDs and went to a turftiger 29 dfi with 61 A deck love the machine I was thinging about the new TT with the Kubota 25 but at $13,000 little too high beside my wife jsut keeps saying if you buy you are just adding years to your retirement date