Kubota 331 owners please read - recall

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by LwnmwrMan22, Jun 11, 2007.

1. LwnmwrMan22

LwnmwrMan22 LawnSite Platinum Member

I was in talking to my dealer today about my ZD28 that's dropping the coolant again (3rd water pump in 600 hours) and he said there's an update on my ZD331.

Turns out the motor mounts flex too much and allow the fan to hit the radiator (took out the radiator on my 331 at 15 hours) when you drive over a curb at just a certain angle.

Anyways, wanted to let everyone know to get ahold of your dealer and have them check on it. Would rather have to you get it done on a down day, rather than have a day down because there's a fault that could have been taken care of earlier.

2. Apples

Apples LawnSite Senior Member

How do like the new ZD331? A lot of guys on here bought one this year. How are they holding up?

3. LwnmwrMan22

I've got 126 hours on mine so far, and the jury is still out.

It's taken some getting used to, but it's also a completely different machine than my ZD28/60".

I'm going to be using / demoing a ZD326/60" sometime this week, so I can do a better comparison between the old and the new.

4. Apples

Apples LawnSite Senior Member

How do you like the cut on the 331?

5. fhaith

fhaith LawnSite Member

lanwmoreman I don,t think the zd326 will have enough power especily if
    you run a mulching kit
    the 6.5" deep deck pules a lot of power It seemes to me they are going backward the zd28 has more power
    I have the zd331 but i donot have enough houre to relly let you no how i like it i forgot to metion i have 60" deck

6. Tim Wright

Tim Wright LawnSite Bronze Member

I am waiting on pins and needles for your opinion on the 331.

Tim

7. coobie

coobie LawnSite Member

I have a new 2007 kubota 326 pro with the 60 inch deck and love it.I only have 8 hrs on it so far.Last weekend I mowed some property I have here in S.Michigan very early in the morning 6:00am.There was alot of dew/wet on the grass and it was at least 5-6 inch tall in spots.the 326 pro mowed flawless without bogging down.So far this is a very nice machine.coobie:)

8. Tim Wright

Tim Wright LawnSite Bronze Member

I've got the need and the itch.

Tim

9. LwnmwrMan22

It's looking like I'll have a few minutes come Sunday to post my thoughts now at 150 hours.

I'd do it now, but my 5 year old and I are getting ready to go outside and watch the space station fly overhead... :D

10. Mickhippy

Mickhippy LawnSite Platinum Member

Can you guys post some pics please?