Kubota 72" vs Exmark 72"

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by J.R. Services, Mar 10, 2011.

1. J.R. Services

J.R. Services LawnSite Senior Member

Is the exmark 72" any match for the kubotas? Or is it apples to oranges

2. J.R. Services

nothing....

3. NEWGUYRI

NEWGUYRI LawnSite Senior Member

Kubota is built much better...

4. J.R. Services

I know they are build much better, but I'm just checking to see if its worth the extra couple thousand for the kubota when im going to be putting 900hrs+/year on it

5. johndeeretech09

johndeeretech09 LawnSite Member

neither. go with a deere. built way better. has a better deck. and alot more reliable. go with the z960 or z970.

6. grassman177

grassman177 LawnSite Fanatic

the kubota, will give you trouble free and less maintenance per hr,plus get great fuel eco

7. dtc0207

dtc0207 LawnSite Member

How do you figure the kubota is less maintenance if it was me go Exmark with Kubota diesel you will not be disappointed
    Posted via Mobile Device

8. dtc0207

dtc0207 LawnSite Member

Deer are the most overrated mower on the market period if that mower was painted any other color everyone would due nothing but bash at how cheap it is made
    Posted via Mobile Device

9. grassman177

grassman177 LawnSite Fanatic

greasing is less often, oil change is less often on kubota(so that could be the one thing that is equal) and hydro change is less often.

never ever even once blown or replaced a belt either on a kubota and we have owned over 10 mowers including 8 ztrs plus tractors. many of which had over 2000hrs on original belts.

everything on the kubota machines is made to outlast and we have seen proof of that (minus the slight hickup on the trannys of the previous series:rolleyes:) over the many years we have owned

hell, even the tires that come on them last twice as long or longer. i have put 1200hrs on original tires and they still had 1/3 or more of the tread on them.

10. dtc0207

dtc0207 LawnSite Member

Exmark flat free caster wheels, 5grease points all once a year, Kubota says change hydrostatic every 300 Exmark 500 hrs so if you follow the manufacturer I guess exmarks wins
    Posted via Mobile Device