1. Missed the live Ask the Expert event?
    Not to worry. Check out the archived thread of the Q&A with Ken Hutcheson, President of U.S. Lawns, and the LawnSite community in the Franchising forum .

Dismiss Notice

Kubota-Am I the only one?

Discussion in 'Starting a Lawn Care Business' started by doctordun, Aug 26, 2007.

1. doctordun

doctordun LawnSite Member
    from Texas

It could be that a Kubota Dealership is only 8 miles away, but I really like the Kubota ZD326. It looks like it will be the one I get. It seems like most people on this forum like other brands more.
    What do you folks think of the Kubota's?
  2. Novaowner

Novaowner LawnSite Member

I've owned my ZG23 since Oct 2006 and I love it. It takes alot of abuse and has held up fine. I haven't had to take it back to the dealership yet for any problems. I service it as required by the service manual and I'm sure that helps.

The only thing I didn't like about it was the mulching kit I purchased for it. The black insert which goes under the deck, around the blades didn't seem to fit well. It also didn't cut the grass as well with it installed. I removed the kit and it works great! I think most of it was probably my fault though since you are supposed to drive slower with it installed, but impatient me had to keep going the same speeds. I had only purchased it for a customer that requested it. Now I just push mow his yard with my self propelled mower with mulching blades.
  3. PLM-1

PLM-1 LawnSite Bronze Member

Kubota's warranty is a screwed up deal. Their transmissions are TRACTOR transmissions, they were not designed for the constant change in direction associated with a ZTR. Around here we see the transmissions fail all the time because they use that wet disc clutch. You can only run so much crap through the pumps until they give out. And unless Kubota has serviced it...no warranty! Isn't that great? NO!
  4. doctordun

doctordun LawnSite Member
    from Texas

Do you know where I could verify your information. I'd really like to find out more.
    Thank you.