1. Missed the live Ask the Expert event?
    Not to worry. Check out the archived thread of the Q&A with Ken Hutcheson, President of U.S. Lawns, and the LawnSite community in the Franchising forum .

Dismiss Notice

Kubota B-Series

Discussion in 'Tractors' started by TurfBoy08, Oct 30, 2006.

1. TurfBoy08

TurfBoy08 LawnSite Member

Any one out there own a Kubota B-series (7610 in particular)....if so what do you have to say about this tractor. Does it pack a punch for its size or not...with the proper size attachments.???
  2. waltero

waltero LawnSite Member

What are you looking to do with the tractor? Give us some idea what the intended purpose is and we can give you better feed back. Do you plan on getting front end loader, back hoe, etc...

I think that it is on the small size for landscaping and you should try to get something bigger, but again, I don't know what you want it for. I currently have the L3130 and it is a much larger machine and I am happy with the size and power but at times I wish it had more. Tractors are very useful tools to have around. You may want to also think about all the things that you don't plan to do with it, but will end up doing because you can. I am not sure if the 7610 is 4wd or not but I wouldn't get a tractor without it. It helps to put the power to the ground and makes it much harder to get stuck.

Give us some more info and we can help you out better.

3. TurfBoy08

I am very familiar with the L3130 being that my father owns one....but have never operated a B7610 ... that is why i was curious to see if anyone owned one or operated one just for comparison..
  4. lawn king

lawn king LawnSite Silver Member

I ran a B7500 (3 hp less than the 7610) for 5 seasons before jumping up to the B3030. The 7610 is a great machine for resedential lawn care & light landscape construction, 60" is about the max you can go with a brush hog,aerator,rake etc.
  5. TurfBoy08

Thanks for the input..... Yeah I feel certain the 7610 is a nice little machine and feel certain it would do me just fine....but kinda worried on wether or not I am going to outgrow it or not..... I know a guy with a JD 790 and pulls aLand Pride seeder with it like its not there...790 has around 29 HP i believe and the 7610 only 24 ...but then again the 7610 has more lift capacity sooo.... I plan on doing some seeding jobs behind contractors with it soo..
  6. JFCizek II

JFCizek II LawnSite Member

I have a B7200HST,B2400HST and a B7800HST along with a ZD21 Kubota's. The B7800HST is a larger version of the B7610. I have the B7800 set up with a backhoe and loader. I have found it to be just about the right size for landscaping, digging ditches, and most jobs that I run into. The other Kubota's are set up to mow. The B7800HST is my 6th Kubota that I have owned.
  7. Mac B.

Mac B. LawnSite Member

I have a B2710 and thought about selling it but am so glad I changed my mind. It does everything I need it to like bushhogging, boxblading and pulling up small trees and bushes. It looks small but has plenty of power and the 4 wheel drive is a added benifit.

8. MowerMan77

MowerMan77 LawnSite Member
    from CT

I have a Kubota 7610 and it is a great machine. The loader has plenty of lifting power, I run a brush hog on it and it does great. I just added a Woods BH70 backhoe, but havent tested it out yet. The only thing I wish i got was Industrial tires instead of Turf.
  9. H&H Landscaping

H&H Landscaping LawnSite Member

I Have a Kubota B7800 HST 4WD with abot 200 hours on it. I am thinking about selling it this spring. I also have attachments for it (double roller pulverizer, box scraper and a PTO Driven brush mower). If anyone is interested please let me know. HHlawncare1@yahoo.com
  10. big_country

big_country LawnSite Member

I have the B7510, I think it is a great piece of equipment. 4wd is a must with a loader and hydro works really well with a loader. I use 4' and 5' implements, i used a 4' bushog on mine and i will not use one again, it was pretty hard on it. So if your looking to bushhog go with a bigger tractor, but for landscaping and smaller work it is the perfect size to get in anywhere.