Kubota B2410 wheel wobble

Discussion in 'Tractors' started by turfcaster, Dec 28, 2007.

1. turfcaster

turfcaster LawnSite Member

I have a B2410 Kubota 2wd. I noticed the rear wheels had some play in them a few weeks ago. Took it to Kubota dealer,they said no prob. They just showed me these 2 nuts they tightened on the rear axle near the center of the hub of the wheel. They said its common on this model because you can loosen them and make your rear wheels stick out further.

I told them NOT to make the wheels stick out any more and they moved them out a notch or 2,idiots.

Anyhow got the tractor back at the farm and prolly bushhogged 4-5 hours since then. Got on the tractor today and the back right wheel wobbles bad enough that you can actually see it wobble. I tightened the nuts that they showed me,back right still has play and wobbles.

What do I do?

Do I need to lift the back wheels off the ground and then tighten the nuts?

I dont want to take it back to the Kubota store,because thats a total pita.

Somebody please help. Thank you.

2. turfcaster

Somebody has to know something.

3. lawn king

lawn king LawnSite Silver Member

Are your lug nuts loose?

4. turfcaster

no,there is a nut on the axle on each side near the inside of the wheel for moving the wheel in or out. (width of rear tracking). I am thinking I might have to get the wheels off the ground and then tighten the nut.

5. cantoo

cantoo LawnSite Silver Member

Lift each side up and tighten the wheels nuts. Put some light locktite on them if you think they will come loose again.

6. supercuts

supercuts LawnSite Silver Member

the smaller b-models are made so the hubs slide on the axle, like row crop tractors. you can put them further out to make or more stable, or in more to fit through gates and between crops. anyway, what has wear is the hub. you can tighten down on that nut more, the lock nut that puts presure against the axle shaft. if that doenst work, its been left too long and has worn the inside of the hub. if its like my b7100, you saw sall a hair of metal off the inside so it will clamp down more. think of it like exaughts on your truck. you slide one pipe over another, if there is no slit on the outer pipe, a clamp wont let it tighten down all the way. so, open the slit up so it clamps down better or spend the $150 per hub and buy new ones. buy the way, it doesnt effect performance at all but will wear down your axle shafts and hubs.

7. turfcaster

Thanx for the info guys.

"the smaller b-models are made so the hubs slide on the axle, like row crop tractors. you can put them further out to make or more stable, or in more to fit through gates and between crops."

exactly, thats what I was trying to say ,hahahaha

heres what some fellas on the Kubota forum had to say.....

"Jack the wheel up, loosen the nuts center the
    wheel where you want it and retighten, check
    for wobble, repete if ness. "

and

"Jack it up so the cross bolt adjuster is at the bottom,.. OR move the machine until the bolt is at the top. You want all the play gone out of the assembly before tightening.

The axle being farther away from the bolt gives the benefit of more crunch for the wedges under the bolt. "

I havent had a chance to mess with it at the farm yet, I 'll do it as soon as I have time.

I just hope know one else mows with it, I dont want it to wear out the hubs or axle shafts like Daricek explained. Hopefully they arent already worn.

I will post results when I do it.

Thanx again too all.