Kubota BX24

Discussion in 'Tractors' started by jd75760, Feb 22, 2007.

1. jd75760

jd75760 LawnSite Member

Well I finally bought a tractor today after month's of researching and shopping. I bought a 2005 Kubota BX24 with 29 hrs. I'm going to be using it for backfilling swimming pools and landscaping around new and existing home's. It has a kubota diesel, 4x4, fel, and backhoe. I think it will be the perfect piece of equipment for my needs. I can remove the backhoe and use the 3 point hitch for all of the implement's I need such as a post hole digger, and box scraper as well as pulling a aerator, and whatever else I need.:clapping:

kubota tractor 002.jpg

kubota tractor 004.jpg

kubota tractor 005.jpg

kubota tractor 003.jpg

2. John Gamba

John Gamba LawnSite Fanatic
    from ct

Thats one sweet tractor

3. jd75760

jd75760 LawnSite Member

Thank's for the compliment John send me some work lol:drinkup:

4. John Gamba

John Gamba LawnSite Fanatic
    from ct

I would like to get on it and do it.:waving:

5. J&R Landscaping

J&R Landscaping LawnSite Fanatic

Do you work in a lot of tight area's? I can imagine that working around swimming pools means getting through fence gates. When I talked to the local Kubota dealer last August, he said thats why many people purchase the BX 24; because they can get into tight areas.

Have you had a chance to use it yet and if so, how do you like it so far?

6. Drew Gemma

Drew Gemma LawnSite Bronze Member

so nice man we want pics of you tearing up some earth this year!

7. jd75760

jd75760 LawnSite Member

Joe, yes I will be working around pools and houses and couldn't get a big tractor in some of the places. I thought about a mini skid steer like kanga or dingo but I liked having the backhoe and 3 point hitch available for other uses. I just bought it today and wont pick it up untill next week. I,m in the process of buying a 12 foot dump trailer to use with it.

8. jd75760

jd75760 LawnSite Member

Drew, I hope the earth is the only thing i'm tearing up LOL:dizzy:

9. workinallthetime

workinallthetime LawnSite Member

you will love it, i own a bx23 and use it almost everyday. one thing i would be looking at is a removable tooth bar for the front and a grade blade for the back hoe. you can dig at about 60% of the capicity w/o the tooth bar, install that and you will get a full bucket almost everytime. As for the grade blade its a wonderful piece to add to your BH (back hoe) this tool will let you pull material leaving behind a smooth surface, it works great for back filling a trench cleaning a area. I built both my tooth bad and grade blade and cant belive i didnt build them the day i brought the thing home. Dont forget your first major service is due at 50 hrs, change the hydo fluid, oil, oil filter, air filter, hydro filter, and clean the hydro screen. parts cost for that is about 90 bucks plus engine oil.
    use this name at yahoo if you want some pics of what im talking about

10. jd75760

jd75760 LawnSite Member

Thank's for the info. I tried going to yahoo to see pics but couldn't find them. Would like to see pics of your idea's. The man I bought the tractor from had the tractor serviced and all the filter's and fluid's changed even though it only has 29 hrs. on it. He is very perticular about the equipment he sell's. What have you found to be the best truck trailor set up? I'm looking at buying a 7x12 dump trailer and pulling it with a F350 crew cab with a 460. Any suggestion's? Show me some pic's of your setup thank's