kubota diesel

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by PRO PROPERTY CARE, Feb 19, 2003.

1. PRO PROPERTY CARE

PRO PROPERTY CARE LawnSite Member

Ok, I was all set to buy a lazer 52"hp with 23 hp motor.
    Then today , the kubota dealer calls, I had talked to him a couple of months ago. He can get me into a 54" kubota zero turn with 18 hp diesel. for $1100 canadain money more.
    Now , one thing I am almost sure of, a diesel will out last a gas motor and they generally make more tourque/hp.
    What do you guys think of them, how do they cut, and how are there mulching kits.
    thanks
    :dizzy: :dizzy: :dizzy:

2. IBGreen

IBGreen LawnSite Senior Member

Im going to demo a 21 hp w/ the 60 in fab. deck on it this week if it will stop raining. And if he can get the fabricated deck if not I'll just have to try the regular one. But I'll let you know!

3. PRO PROPERTY CARE

let me know how you make out.
    Is there two differant types of decks.

4. IBGreen

Yes, go to www. kubota.com the fabricated deck looks awesome! The regular deck looks to me like it is very shallow, will the fab is 5.5 deep. And the anti scalp wheels are a lot better. Just check it out.

5. PRO PROPERTY CARE

im looking at the zd18 54" , the fabricated deck is not availiable for this size, only the 60" and above.

6. grassdaddy

grassdaddy LawnSite Senior Member

18hp is not enough,better go bigger!! Don't buy a ranger,when you need a powerstroke!;)

7. paponte

paponte LawnSite Silver Member

Yeah 18 does sound a little skimpy. I have never used a kubota machine, but I run Kubota diesels in all my walkers. They are 48" and am running 20 horse. They outrun gas motors, and suck in less fuel. On a 54" deck, I would definitely look into a bigger motor. Just an opinion.

8. IBGreen

I knew they only made the fab. decks for 60 and above, also I think the 21hp should come on the 54" decks don't you? They really all need to be bumped up about 5hp, just my opinion though.

9. farmer58

farmer58 LawnSite Member

When running Kubota ZD18 with 54 inch deck I did not have any power problems. It is a direct drive unit to the deck so you don't have any loss of power thru the belts.

Wayne
    :alien:

10. PR0 TURF

PR0 TURF LawnSite Bronze Member

Or better yet...don't buy a Powerstroke when you need a Duramax!!!

We run the Kubota diesel in our Walker...i think its a 21hp. Very pleased with the motor...lots of torque and power all around! I'd never buy another gas mower again if i can help it.

:alien: