Kubota, Dihatsu, etc.

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by tacoma200, Sep 27, 2006.

1. tacoma200

tacoma200 LawnSite Fanatic

There are several brands of diesels offered for ZTR's. Is there alot of difference in brands and why do many use Dihatsu instead of Kubota?

2. Green King

Green King LawnSite Senior Member

I have a dihatsu actually this is my second one. I love it. It burns less than a gallon an hour and is quiet and smooth. I think the parts availabilty is the main reason why dihatsu. Kubota and yanmar are good but the parts availabilty is not as good at least around here. Also the prices for parts on a kubota or yanmar is a lot higher from what I understand.

3. twj721

twj721 LawnSite Senior Member

I have 2 Scag Saber Tooths 1 with the 31 Hp Gas version of Dathasu which has about 1700 hrs on and the only thing thatI have done is put a set of spark plugs in it @ the start of this season I bought my other Scag Saber Tooth in May and no repairs yet It has about 400 hrs on it now it is the turbo diesel Dathasu both of them are GREAT !! I am curious about the Kubota that they are going to put in the Turf Tiger It should be a work horse too and a bit cheaper than what the Saber Tooths are .Twj