Kubota engine poor performance

Discussion in 'eXmark' started by Monroe74, Apr 1, 2007.

1. Monroe74

Monroe74 LawnSite Senior Member

Well The new year is about to start and I'm Not looking forward to using my 2006 66" Kubota 25 gross horsepower exmark. It has 225 hours on it and the performance has not gotten any better than day one. But the dealer and the posting on here said it will. I decided to do some research on the kubota site and this engine only produces 20 hp net continuous so my question is why does exmark claim 25hp? I also own a 2005 27hp 60" and it will run circle around this new emark in just about every situation. Any fixes or help would be appreciated.

2. fastcutter

fastcutter LawnSite Member
    from west tn

what is the number on the side of the engine block? I have Grasshopper mowers with 20 hp and 28 hp Kubota on them .. We love them. Looking to try out one real soon. I like to run it with a 72 inch deck.the 321d has a 61 inch deck and the 428d has a 72 inch deck all the power you need. I like to know the numder on the block. The 321d engine has a d722 block and it's 21 hp and I have to check on the 428d and see what it is.

3. TLS

TLS LawnSite Fanatic

Do some searches back last year. I questioned the heck out of eXmark for choosing this power level. When the 27hp Diahatsu wasn't enough power, why go backwards?

This XS line needs a flagship powerplant. 30-35 diesel horsepower. Make it turbocharged and be done with it.

4. fastcutter

from west tn

Well I run Hoppers with 28hp and thats all the motor you need. If it takes a 30 to 35 hp motor I don't want one.

5. Duekster

Duekster LawnSite Fanatic
    from DFW, TX

I know this does not directly relate but I heard Honda does not even post a HP on many of their small engines but I for get the exact reason why.

6. fastcutter

from west tn

The block # on the 28hp that hopper used is d1105 and it a good 30hp

7. fastcutter

from west tn

I check and the 25hp exmark is using d902 to small..

8. TLS

TLS LawnSite Fanatic

Your Grasshoppers aren't running 21cc hydro pumps and isn't capable of 15mph speeds either.

Aim high young grasshopper....aim high.

9. fastcutter

from west tn

They mower as fast as you can ride it. I have alot of brand x mower over the years(23yrs). I know the 428dwill run as fast as you can mower and there around 12 mph.

10. fastcutter

from west tn

I think there 25 hp is the same as Grasshopper 23 hp...