kubota Exmark Scag ?? Which one.

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by CHAPP12, Mar 2, 2010.

1. chad56

chad56 LawnSite Member

Scag all the way.

2. mklawnman

mklawnman LawnSite Senior Member

Well depends upon the size of the yards you are doing but it sounds like some pretty good size lawns if you are looking at 52" or 60". You will be happy with Scag and if dealer is not around Exmark would be next.
    Look at a Turf Tiger too if you are looking at a 61". Great cut quality and a good frame too.
    Dont know too much about Kubota mowers.

3. Landscraper1

Landscraper1 LawnSite Senior Member
    Male, from Southeastern Ma.

I would go with Exmark or Scag. Both great mowers and proven performers.
    One memeber mentioned the Tank. I tried a demo for one week. Not impressed at all. Could be that it just has a terrible bagger, I bag most of my properties so, collection systems are very important to me.

4. CHAPP12

CHAPP12 LawnSite Member
    from NW Ga

I really appreciate all the feedback. I am going to test drive the exmark and scags sometime this week. I will let you know what I think and decide to buy. Thanks again for all the feedback.

5. RTR Landscaping

RTR Landscaping LawnSite Senior Member

I run all Scags and there the best mowers for me. The Turf Tiger is a beast. I also have Wildcats and Cubs. You can't go wrong with a Scag.

6. MOHUSTLER

MOHUSTLER LawnSite Bronze Member

I tell my customers running a Scag is like running a Cat bulldozer. There is not much that is going to get in thier way!!

7. CHAPP12

CHAPP12 LawnSite Member
    from NW Ga

Alright I have made the decision to go with a Scag. I am going to buy a 52" Wildcat but I have one question. I can get the 25hp Kawasaki air cooled or the 26hp Kawasaki liquid cooled. I am leaning toward the liquid cooled and it's going to be about a $150 more than the air cooled. Also, would you purchase a stripe kit or mulching blade for this mower. stripe kit:$399 mulch kit: about $200.

Thanks again

8. 7 IRON

7 IRON LawnSite Member
    from VT

exmark!Just my 2 centsThumbs Up

9. grassman177

grassman177 LawnSite Fanatic

go liquid cooled, i ran one on a demo and was very impressed and $150 is chump change. we have 4 25 air cooled and they are nice, but really not that impresive. the liquid will give better life, performance and less issues

10. Landscraper1

Landscraper1 LawnSite Senior Member
    Male, from Southeastern Ma.

Hard to say on those engines. I have several 25hp's. They all work great. Have one 26hp LC, worked great, until my men let it overheat and it seized. Cost me over $600 to repair. I blame it on my men:hammerhead: but, if you are going to use a bagging system, be aware that the radiator being on top of the motor collects alot of dust. It would need to be cleaned once or twice a day.