kubota Exmark Scag ?? Which one.

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by CHAPP12, Mar 2, 2010.

1. mklawnman

mklawnman LawnSite Senior Member

Dont waste your money on the stripe kit. Scag's stripe good without them. and Get the 26HP LC engine, I've been told they last longer than air cooled if you keep that radiator clean.

2. MOHUSTLER

MOHUSTLER LawnSite Bronze Member

Ditto on the stripe kit, I can make a scag stripe as good without one as an exmark with one.

And if you are ok with keeping the radiator clean on the LC engine. Go for it, If you think you might neglect it go with the Air cooled Please. We have alot of guys buy the LC and neglect it and its 10X the headache of if they would have just got the air cooled.

3. hornett22

hornett22 LawnSite Senior Member

Scag here,air cooled as well.radiators have no business on lawnmowers.

Bob Cat and Exmark would be my second and third choice because of dealer support

4. G W

G W LawnSite Member

I'm really mad at Kubota right now. My 3 yr old ZD326 is in the shop 2 weeks Sat. waiting for the PTO control lever. Take a close look at the linkage and ask yourself if this is the type of Mickeymouse design you are willing to pay $11,000 for??? I would not be so mad if they had the parts. 2 weeks to get a part is simply unacceptable for a supposedly commercial grade machine.