1. Missed the live Ask the Expert event?
    Not to worry. Check out the archived thread of the Q&A with Ken Hutcheson, President of U.S. Lawns, and the LawnSite community in the Franchising forum .

Dismiss Notice

Kubota G2160 Direct Shoot

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by Mooowrooon, Jun 29, 2007.

1. Mooowrooon

Mooowrooon LawnSite Member

Anybody use this mower? I have a chance to pick up a "used" one at a pretty good price. It's actually a leftover "new" one that the dealer has been using on his own property for several years - but it only has 30 hours on it!!! (And it would come with a "new" mower warranty of 24 months!)

I tried it out today - I liked the 21 hp Kubota diesel (quiet!), power steering and the bagging system which is rear discharge directly into a large (14 bushel) bagger with automatic (hydraulic) emptying. Also, it's a "traditional" riding mower (2 wheel drive) which will serve me well on my rough and hilly properties.

48" mower deck seemed to cut decent. But I've never read much about this mower so I was wondering if any pro's have had any experience with it???

2. Envy Lawn Service

Envy Lawn Service LawnSite Fanatic

These units are a big thing in Europe.

Direct baggers other than say "Walker" are just not big here in the US for some reason.

I don't know why though... I'm sure it's a great machine.
    If you bag a lot, I see no reason not to buy it.