kubota gas engines

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by drains, Mar 21, 2008.

1. drains

drains LawnSite Member

has anyone here used the kubota ztr with the gas engine? was it adequate for your use? did it hold up well? what size deck/motor combo did you have?thanks

2. fourbybud

fourbybud LawnSite Member
    from Ohio

I had a 25hp in my Steiner 430MAX. No complaints at all. Just don"t get water near the distributor. It does not respond well.

3. WREBELMACHINE

WREBELMACHINE LawnSite Bronze Member

The last kubota ztr I saw that had a gas engine in it was actually a kohler engine!

4. Zooropa93

Zooropa93 LawnSite Senior Member

ahh a steiner...time to upgrade to a ventrac lol, it's an improved steiner and designed by the steiner brothers :)

5. fourbybud

fourbybud LawnSite Member
    from Ohio

I sincerely hope you are joking. Have compared you compared the 2 closly????

6. bigclawn

bigclawn LawnSite Senior Member

I have a Kubota gas in my 1997 Walker One of the most powerful set ups we have run. No problems. We rarely mow with it now--this unit does all of our fertilizing, spraying, aerating, and then for the winter it does snowblower for our multi family properties. 4,400 hrs--still starts in a heartbeat and the Walker still climbs virtually anything we put it on.

7. Zooropa93

Zooropa93 LawnSite Senior Member

I'll admit I'm a bit biased being a ventrac dealer but having been around both units quite a bit I'd choose the ventrac time and time again.

8. nosparkplugs

nosparkplugs LawnSite Gold Member

I have been looking for a Ventrac dealer, I do right of way mowing for an oil company, I currently am using a Kubota MX6800 4x4 tractor with a landpride 7' bushog mower, not that rough, but 4x4 or a tracks needed in areas. I am looking at replacing the MX6800 with a Toro Dingo TX525 Wide track Diesel, with a Brushwolf 44" rotory mower, need to find a more versatile tractor for smaller accounts/landscape work, and do not want a skid steer. It must be a diesel

9. Lawdog302

Lawdog302 LawnSite Member

I have had 2 Walkers with the 25 kubota gas. They are amazing engines. Lots of power and they run so smooth. I like them better than the Diesel.

10. bigclawn

bigclawn LawnSite Senior Member

And they just keep chugging right along!