Kubota Gas Zero Turns ZG 20/23 - Opinions?

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by Ty Webb, May 15, 2006.

1. Ty Webb

Ty Webb LawnSite Member

Anybody have any opinions on Kubotas for large residential use? 48" and 54" decks. Mowing a few acres. Anyone have experience with the gas ZTR Kubotas. Good, Bad, or Ugly.

Thanks,

Ty

2. Ty Webb

Ty Webb LawnSite Member

Anyone use these?

Thanks,

Ty

3. Itsgottobegreen

Itsgottobegreen LawnSite Silver Member

I find them a little to light in the front end and a little under power. Get the diesel version.

4. Ty Webb

Ty Webb LawnSite Member

I drove a Kubota around toady. ZG23 54 inch - It was nice and had some nice features. Good price. Quality dealer (will deliver and I live an hour away). I noticed the Kubota is a great deal different from other ZTR's I am looking at. Drive shaft instead of belt to the deck, wet multi-disk clutch, and the pump looks like nothing I've seen so far.

The price before trade was $6999 for the ZG23. Anyone at all familiar with the Kubota zero turn in the gas? It is a Kohler engine. I am looking to buy in the next 7 days.

Thanks,

Ty

5. Tn Lawn Man

Tn Lawn Man LawnSite Senior Member

My brother runs them and he likes them alot. I tested his out. Nice cut. Handles well. Grass doesn't stick under the deck.

Only thing I didn't like were the control sticks....very tight. But, that is a minor thing.

6. gmdealer1

gmdealer1 LawnSite Member
    from NC