Kubota Hyraulics

Discussion in 'Tractors' started by Ax Man, Jun 24, 2004.

1. Ax Man

Ax Man LawnSite Senior Member

My local dealer has an older L295 dt, with a slow bucket.
    They say they have cleaned the filter screen, but there is allmost no down pressure, and it goes up very slow unless you rev the motor.
    Can a 2 stage pump be added to this thing, and if so will it give me down force?
    I know some machines never had much in that respect.
    I cant tell you the year on it, but no power steering, manual tranny. says 2500 hours.
    The motor sounds good, and I ran it up a long steep hill, no slip in the clutch.
    I guess if it can be fixed reasonably I might offer them something for it.
    Thanks guys!
  2. fixer67

fixer67 LawnSite Silver Member

The pump may be just wore out. The unloader may have trash in it or be wore out or out of adjustment. It sounds like a good Hydraulics man needs to go though the whole system. It could even have the wrong fluid in it for that matter. Unless you can get it cheap you may want to pass on this deal.
  3. hosejockey2002

hosejockey2002 LawnSite Bronze Member

I agree with fixer, sounds like a bad pump. With 2500 hours, it may have many thousands left if it's been taken care of, but if not, there could be lots of things wrong with it besides the pump. If you are a good mechanic and can get the tractor cheap, might be worth it.
  4. Ax Man

Ax Man LawnSite Senior Member

Theyr'e askin 4000, I was considdering 32. needs front tires, hydraulic work, electrical work (shorts/bad connections) who know what else.
    I'm going to call the previous owner and ask him some questions about it.
    Thanks Guys!