kubota kx080-3 VS Bobcat E80

Discussion in 'Heavy Equipment & Pavement' started by superdigger, Feb 5, 2013.

1. superdigger

superdigger LawnSite Member

Buying a 8 ton, need to sign papers this week on one or the other. Machines would be a 2012 KX080-3 vs a 2013 Bobcat E80-E85. Apparently bobcat is remodeling the E80 this year, some of the upgrades include: Auxiliary hydraulics off the floor to the joystick, float blade, keypad ignition, autoidle, upgraded interior. The new model may be called an E85, this is the machine I would be getting and the dealer would give me a rental E80 till the E85 came in...
    Pricing is close but bobcat is a little more due to the tier 4 regulations...

2. AEL

AEL LawnSite Bronze Member

The bobcat is a rebadged doosan machine. I would go with the kubota simply because you don't have to worry about tier4 giving you problems. If you really want a newer machine why wouldn't you look at the kx080-4?
    Posted via Mobile Device

3. superdigger

the only reason i am looking at an e85 instead of the e80 is because of the upgraded features. Especially getting the auxiliary pedal of the floor and on the joystick. The KX080-3 already has that feature so no need to move up to the kx080-4. The way I look at it, the upgraded e80 will bring it up to the same standards as the kx080-3 feature wise...
    The other thing that I am considering is that i have a great relationship with the bobcat dealer and have bought lots of stuff from them over the years. Kubota dealer I have not delt with and they seam to be much more into tractors then they are excavators...

4. AEL

AEL LawnSite Bronze Member

Bobcat makes a great product no doubt about that , but I find in mini/midi excavators kubota has them beat. If you already have a great relationship with a dealer who is willing to stand behind there product , then I think the bobcat may be the right machine for you .
    Posted via Mobile Device

5. AWJ Services

AWJ Services LawnSite Platinum Member
    from Ga

The Bobcat only has 57 hp and claims 30+gpm on aux circuit. Not gonna happen. The breakout and arm force are less than the Kubota. The Kubota will rarely be outperformed in it's class and they have a proven track record.

6. Scag48

Scag48 LawnSite Fanatic

I'm sure the Bobcat is a good machine but everyone I've talked to that owns a Kubota KX080 or runs one raves about their performance. I'd buy a Kubota over a Bobcat any day personally but dealer support is a big part of the deal. I'd get a good feel for the Kubota dealership and take a hard look at the 080. Resale will probably be better on the Kubota as well.

7. bobcat_ron

bobcat_ron LawnSite Fanatic

Have you considered Hitachi/Deere 85's at all? The Kubota and Bobcat lines are almost non-existant here, but Hitachi, Cat, Deere, Kobelco and Link Belt all have a huge presence in that size.

8. scagrider22

scagrider22 LawnSite Bronze Member

Mine is not an 80 size but I have a 2012 Kubota U55, my old machine was a Bobcat. I demoed a new E50 Bobcat and planned to buy it, then I took the U55 for a 1 day demo. The Kubota was cheaper, better financing, faster, more power and the local dealer is better. They were both very nice but the I just liked the Kubota better in every aspect.

9. talus

talus LawnSite Senior Member

The Komatsu PC 88 is a damn fine machine.

10. superdigger

John deere machine is too wide for what i want, kubota is the narrowest of the three which is a big thing as my work is all residential, so i need to get these machines into backyards.
    I dont think there is any Komatsu dealers around, so they are out.
    Starting to think kubota is the way to go...