Kubota L48 Tractor/loader/backhoe. Only 626 hours! - $6000

Discussion in 'Tractors' started by pasto_guy, May 19, 2008.

1. pasto_guy

pasto_guy LawnSite Member
    from VA

Is it too good to be true?

2. KrayzKajun

KrayzKajun LawnSite Fanatic

is tht on craigs list in Mississippi???

3. merrimacmill

merrimacmill LawnSite Senior Member

Yes, it is to good to be true. Unless of course, its stolen, an overseas scam, broken, was in a fire, is 134 years old and that 626 hours is its 4th time around on the hour meter, or.... well you get the jist of it. I would e-mail them about it though, won't hurt. I know a guy who found a newer bobcat S175 and some womens husband passed away, so she was selling it and didn't know anything about it. He paid $7,000 for it......

4. pasto_guy

pasto_guy LawnSite Member
    from VA

must be a scam, I saw it on Craigslist. The same pics of the tractor and same info in two different states. I thought it was a misprint or like you said some one didn't know what they were selling. I got super exited there for a minute. Thanks for the help.

5. lamarbur

lamarbur LawnSite Member

In reality, it would go for 26,000, not 6000.

6. KevinACrider

KevinACrider LawnSite Member

These are all over CraigsList. They are always Kubota's except in my experience the price is always right around $3900.

7. KevinACrider

KevinACrider LawnSite Member

Oh, and they are all scams.

8. carl d

carl d LawnSite Member

I e-mailed the seller on this tractor. Said I wanted to see it. I thought, based on Craig's list where I saw it, that it was located in Mass. Got a reply that tractor was in a shipping crate in Idaho. They wanted $3k down and then would ship it to me to look at, at their cost. If I didn't like it they would give me my money back. The transaction didn't pass the "smell test." Didn't fall off the turnip wagon yesterday.

9. merrimacmill

merrimacmill LawnSite Senior Member

I saw a 2003 bobcat s150 with very very low hours on craigs list for $3,000..... Knew it was one of these deals, but just needed to make sure and entertain myself anyways. It was some british guy saying that he was divorced and needed to move out of the US to the UK. The skid was still in the US though. In some warehouse of a shipping company. I said well fine, if I can come test drive it, pay someone and take it at the same time, its a deal. He responded by saying that a test drive is not available, and i would have to pay him and then he would ship it to me..... Then he got confused and said "the camper will be shipped wiht the title, bill of sale, and camper's owners manual". I sent and e-mail back asking if he was getting his scams confused. Told him to make sure that he gets more practice... He never responded, and the ad was flagged and removed.