1. Missed the live Ask the Expert event?
    Not to worry. Check out the archived thread of the Q&A with Ken Hutcheson, President of U.S. Lawns, and the LawnSite community in the Franchising forum .

Dismiss Notice

Kubota Mowers

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by qcms, Apr 11, 2001.

1. qcms

qcms LawnSite Member

I am cooking at purchasing one of Kubotas new ZD mower, the ZD 18 . Does anyone have anything to say about them good or bad? I know they have been out for only a short time but any information would be appreciated.
  2. jasonp

jasonp LawnSite Member
    from Alabama

I hit 25 hours on my zd 21 today and have had no problems yet and thats about all I can tell you. My dealer told me that kubota has been developing the zd for the last three years and that they had a unit running two years ago to try and find all the bugs before it hit the market. The only downside to having one is that they dont even have a parts list for the thing yet, so if you get one check and make sure the deck leveling bolts are tight one of mine fell off and had to find one to fit it, just took alittle extra time to find it since no parts list to go by. Also ask about the mulch plate for the end of the deck and see what they say to you. They told me it should be out within weeks and im starting to wonder. Hope this helps. privmess or e-mail me if you have any questions and let me know what they say about the mulch plate.