1. Missed the live Ask the Expert event?
    Not to worry. Check out the archived thread of the Q&A with Ken Hutcheson, President of U.S. Lawns, and the LawnSite community in the Franchising forum .

Dismiss Notice

Kubota or exmark

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by Adam's Lawn and Garden, Sep 11, 2006.

1. Adam's Lawn and Garden

Adam's Lawn and Garden LawnSite Senior Member

So i have a cub cadet zeroturn and i am going to sell it. I was looking at a used
    eXmark Lazer Z with 774 hours from 03 with a 60" deck and 27 hp motor for 5500. Or a new gas kubota with the 23hp. What do you guys like, which has the better cut(that's wat it all comes down too). also which would u recommend.

2. metro36

metro36 LawnSite Silver Member

Need more info on the exmark. Engine, deck, hp, year, model ect.

REALSLOW LawnSite Senior Member
    from FLORIDA

Why not stay with Cub?
  4. Fubba

Fubba LawnSite Senior Member

The eXmark will have a better cut hands down. Nothing cuts better than the Ultracut deck. The price sounds high though for an 03 with that many hours. Granted if taken care of, it will run up to about 2000, but still a lot for that price.
  5. tacoma200

tacoma200 LawnSite Fanatic

What he said!
  6. Willofalltrades

Willofalltrades LawnSite Bronze Member

The Kubota is a residential unit with some commercial parts. If its going to be used for homeowner use than a Kubota all the way. Commercial, the Exmark.
  7. Adam's Lawn and Garden

Adam's Lawn and Garden LawnSite Senior Member

the cub is for residential, and it only has 2 blades since it's a 42 inch deck, so it skips in between, and i need a bigger cut.

thanks for the advice, more would be great,