Kubota or Harley Davidson

Discussion in 'Tractors' started by Ursushorribilus, Oct 5, 2004.

1. Ursushorribilus

Ursushorribilus LawnSite Member

What would you rather have, a brand new Kubota or a Harley, assuming you had some disposble income that would allow you to get one or the other? Sometimes I think the Harley would be the thing, get on it and ride into the sunset until my bankroll is gone. But the little pragmatic voice in my head says to spend money on things that will actually make you more money. The ant and the grasshopper...carpe diem or utilitarianism...instant vs delayed gratification? I read a signature that was provocative,"he who dies broke lived well". Tell that to a homeless person, I guess - but who knows, maybe there is a measure of happiness in that. Maybe the Buddhists are on to something, accept the fact that life is full of pain and misery and find peace. Wow, I'm thinking too much. I know, I want the Kubota and the Harley, and maybe a Jamaican vacation as well... :drinkup:

2. Avery

Avery LawnSite Bronze Member

Harley! But I have two. I use John Deere's to pay for them. :)

3. Aproct

Aproct LawnSite Member

I had a harley....had....sold it to use the capital for me business. I always miss the harley, but as much as I have been working, I could not see having the time this year to even go out for an hour or so tour....I see that time I could be making money...

Personally, I would by the kubota. Always wanted one of them....Actually I am looking to buy one next spring. Figure it this way, the kubota will pay for itself in the first year. After that, then you can save the money and buy that harley that you want!!!That's my plan..I am building a custom over the winter....

4. WeatherMan

WeatherMan LawnSite Senior Member

Since I have a harley I would buy the kubota, But Say I did not have my HD I would buy the harley, because you work your a$$ off all day long in the heat and nothing fells better then jumping on that harley on friday and going for a three day cruise and getting a new tatto

My 2 cents :cool2:

5. jaybird

jaybird LawnSite Senior Member

thankyou for helping me make another million dollars, i liked harley`s so much a few years ago i bought the company.

6. Travis Followell

Travis Followell LawnSite Silver Member
    from KY

Get the Kubota

7. Ursushorribilus

Ursushorribilus LawnSite Member

And that, my friend, is the voice of reason, wisdom, and success payup As the general consensus points out: buy the money-making toy first, earn the money, then buy the Milwaukee vibrator :cool:

8. UNISCAPER

UNISCAPER LawnSite Bronze Member

Better yet.....

Find a Kubota with a blown engine...then install a new 1340 EVO 2 engine in the Kubota. Best of both worlds. Kubbota makes the money, while you ride a Harley all day long. Will enable you to cut grass, grade dirt, or load trucks at 60 MPH plus.

9. Get the Kubota - soon it will pay for itself and then it will buy the Harley for you.

I want a Kubota (or equivalent)

I want a Harley (or equivalent) too.

But more importantly I want the time to enjoy either.

But if I had that kind of time my kids would be the most deserving of it.

Oh well, back to work with what I've got for now...

TTFN

10. Mgardner

Mgardner LawnSite Member

I had two Harleys, a 1978 Super Glide FXE and a 1973 XLH . Since there are an enormous amount of complete idiot drivers out there we got rid of them to buy more equipment. I was a Harley freak, wore the leather ....,now its like, what was the biggie ? I enjoy tracktors by far better than the Harley ride. I guess after riding since 13 I got my belly full of freezing nights 60 miles from home, getting caught in the rain hundreds of times. Nearly becoming a grease spot at least 20 times. Maybe after seeing numerous cycle /car/truck wrecks and after starting a business six years ago. Besides if I did have time theres a hundred other things I`d rather be doing than dodging 3 to 80,000 lb vehicles inches away or should I say miliseconds away from being hit by some moronic teenager that has had his or her licence for 3 weeks. I have just seen too much up close and personal and it ruined my Harley mentality. And bad motorcycle wrecks happen quicker than anyone imagines . By the grace of God I have both legs ,the use of my back , and still alive. Only the grace of God. Tractors ,you can redeem your mistakes with a front loader, on the bike you may get another chance at life. Or you may not. Of course, its always been all or nothing with me. Either into this or into that. Bikes do nothing for me like they did when 19 or even 30. I like my Dixie Chopper with a V twin and I don`t have to run straight pipes on it to impress anyone. I guess values change with time,no one could have damped my spirits for balls to the wall biking 15 years ago. I had to find out for myself. Frankly, looking back I wished I had put all that time and money into a business back then instead of wasting time on a Harley every weekend ALL weekend, mostly chasing floozies that didn`t have a clue either :dizzy: .