kubota owners

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by newblade, Jun 23, 2005.

1. newblade

newblade LawnSite Member

I am thinking about buying a zd25, any reason why I should buy a kubota? Any pictures of yards done with one? What are advantages?

2. ITRY

ITRY LawnSite Member
    from KY

Don't have a kubota, but my parents do. They use it to mow 6 acres. Great machine with plenty of power. Kubota, Honda, and Kawasaki are pretty much indestructible. You can't go wrong with those machines. Just my two cents.

3. br549oicu8

br549oicu8 LawnSite Bronze Member

I have owned Kubota's for 25 years. Overall, a fantastic machine. I just bought 2 ZD-28's and a ZD-25 this season. All are doing well. We sold a ZD-21 that had 1200 hours on it in 2 years and it ran like a champ. We just wanted more HP!!
    I have had a B-7100, B-8200, L-275, and FZ-2400, and a couple of ZD-21's.
    Still have the 3 new ZD's and a L-3710.
    Great stuff!!

4. Flex-Deck

Flex-Deck LawnSite Silver Member

For very little money more, you can step up to the ultimate machine - John Deere. Thanks Brad-they will last longer-be worth more on trade in. do a better job. Thanks Brad

5. marvinlee

marvinlee LawnSite Member
    from Oregon

You asked for reasons to buy a Kubota. Although each make has its good points, here are some reasons for a Kubota purchase. 1) An excellent crank-up front end lift system. The more I use it, the more I appreciate it. 2) Good parts supply, in my Oregon experience. 3) A respected diesel engine brand. 4. Economical. 5. Easy riding suspension seat, standard. 6. Lots of grease fittings at wear points. You will appreciate the ability to grease anything that needs it, and curse the time it takes. 6. A truly modern unified drive system that is modular in nature so that it can be repaired as individually removable parts. But see others' comments on sluggish controls. I have not had that experience. 7. I like the styling, but that is a personal preference. 8. Tapered roller bearings in front wheel king pins. 9. Greaseable deck rollers. 10. Pivoting front axle. 11. Hydraulic deck lift. 12. Only two belts. One for the seat (operator safety) and one for the engine fan.

6. br549oicu8

br549oicu8 LawnSite Bronze Member

Move up to a John Deere??? Now I know you're on drugs!!!!!

hahahahaha..just kiddng.
    To each his own. I drove a John Deere for 5 years on the Municipal level and promptly bought a Kubota!!!
    Remember..to each his own!!!