Kubota question Update

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by woodworker41, Apr 11, 2004.

1. woodworker41

woodworker41 LawnSite Member

:cool: Well I went and looked at and priced the Toro's and Exmarks. Both are well built quality machines. The Toro 62 in Liquid cooled 27 hp, was 8,599.00. The Exmark of the same type was 9,504.71.

Im still leaning towards the Kubota. One of the reasons for this, is the fact that the Kubota was the only one I could get on and drive. The The major problem with most, if not all of the mower dealerships here in the N. Dallas area is the fact that they 1. dont have any set up to test drive. 2. they dont have any place to drive one. John Deere didnt have any on the lot period and didnt expect delivery of any until April 20th.

Now!! Here is my main question right now. How do you deal with mower sales men? Negotiateing price I mean. I would like to talk the Kubota guy down a little bit off the 9,950.00 price. OR do the people here who have bought one think that this is actually a fair price for the ZD-PRO 21?
    Thanks for all the responses and comments so far. I will deeply appreciate any thing you can tell me.

2. Envy Lawn Service

Envy Lawn Service LawnSite Fanatic

The sticker here is $9,200. I would think if I really wanted one I could get it for $9,000 or maybe even that out the door. There is a Grasshopper dealer here and they have the 321D with is also a Kubota diesel. I could get a 321D/61" for $8,600 from them and the two are hards competitors. So that would be my leverage point.

I think you can get them down some in your area if they can be had for less in a low sales area like here....
  3. specialtylc

specialtylc LawnSite Bronze Member

Different areas of the U.S. have different prices. Anything under $10,000 is not to bad this time of the year. The dealers will come down more on price in the winter time. I tested a Grasshopper before I got my Zd21 two years ago. The G.H. uses a Kubota motor, and thats where the comparison ends. The Kubota has a lot more good features and is built with Kubota tractor Durability.
  4. Tx Firefighter

Tx Firefighter LawnSite Member

Kubota dealer here, which is about 75 miles west of you, just quoted me $9400 on a ZD21 pro.

They have one set up on the floor and more in crates in the back.