Kubota question

Discussion in 'Mechanic and Repair' started by bob, Feb 28, 2004.

1. bob

bob LawnSite Platinum Member
    from DE

My GH has a Kubota gas engine. The problem is ,that it wants to have the choke , just slightly on, to run. Is this a carb. adjustment? Any ideas? Thanks in advance.

2. ducky1

ducky1 LawnSite Senior Member

Have you checked the fuel filter?? check intake gaskets for leaks. Meybe need to clean carb. Most of the late model carbs dont have much of a adjustment. Having to run with the choke on points to a fuel problem somewhere.

3. Mikes Machines

Mikes Machines LawnSite Member

The engine needing choke to run means it is not getting enough fuel. This can be caused by an air leak (too much airl) or could be a blockage in the carb (not enough fuel). Most carbs nowdays dont have adjustments to richen them up. Most likely the small jet or low speed circuit is clogged. The smallest passageway in the carb usually gets clogged first so I would look there.

4. bob

from DE

I put a new fuel filter on, and that wasn't the problem. I also pulled the carb. away from the engine and sprayed with carb. cleaner. Its still acting up. I might have to take it to a dealer.

5. bob

from DE

I took the carb. a part and could see a small piece of debris in the jet tube. I cleaned it, and the rest of the carb and the mower runs great!