Kubota question

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by woodworker41, Apr 9, 2004.

1. woodworker41

woodworker41 LawnSite Member

:p Well today, I went and looked at ZTR mowers. I went and talked to John Deere. They quoted a 60 in 777 w/ a 27 Hp Kawasaki engine at $8,700.

Then i went and talked to Kubota. They quoted a 60 in ZD-PRO w/ a 21 Hp diesel engine at $9,950.

My first question is Are thease decent prices? I would appreciate any suggestions as to how to talk them down on price. I have never dealt with mowers before.

My second question is. Im leaning right now towards the Kubota. I would like to hear from anybody who has the 60 in 21hp diesel. Tell me your experiences with this mower.

They offer the same mower w/ a 28 hp diesel engine but im not sure i need that much.

When i get a chance, im going to look at Toro, and Exmark. Im in the North Dallas Tx. area.

Thanks,

Dan:p

2. CELS

CELS LawnSite Member
    from KY

I'm interested in the ZD21 PRO as well. I have been quoted a cash price of $9700 from one dealer and $9760 from another. Two years are interest free, but if you go out to three years, they add a 1.5% premium.

3. specialtylc

specialtylc LawnSite Bronze Member

I have been using the Zd21 for 2 years now. I think its great.Its like a cadilac compared to the others. The diesel engine is the only way to go.My opionon.I paid $9500 for mine in jan 2002.

4. Craftybigdog

Craftybigdog LawnSite Senior Member

I just got the ZD-28 with a 60in prodeck and it is the best built mower I have ever seen. Ive seen alot! Oh yeah I paid 10500
    .00 for mine

5. Envy Lawn Service

Envy Lawn Service LawnSite Fanatic

ZD 21 w/Pro Deck is $9200 here. I wouldn't py more if I could help it.

As for the JD, I don't know. I've nver seen the LC model. The 25/60 is $7100 here. That's all I know there.

One thing is for sure though, all of the prices have went down a lot around here lately. It makes me pretty mad too because I paid more for my Kees than some of these BIG mowers are priced at now. Not that price was a factor in my decision. But I would have had a dng good point to haggle price on though and I might have saved myself some money.

6. farmer58

farmer58 LawnSite Member

I have had the zd21 with pro deck a little over a year now, and it is a great mower. Good power, great ride on rough ground, hydro's very smooth, and this new deck is much better than the old deck. Only down side i know of, is it is a pain to grease. A little off subject, i put a set of meg-mo blades on and it did drop the power somewhat. With regular blades i can run wide open no problem, with the meg-mo's on i need to slow down a little bit.

7. akerr

akerr LawnSite Member

i bought a zd28 with a 60in deck 3 weeks ago and got a awesome deal. i payed 10400 with no state sales tax and 0% for two years. it seems worth it to pay a little more for the larger engine, good luck.

8. Albemarle Lawn

Albemarle Lawn LawnSite Bronze Member

Do you mean 10,400 before sales tax or did you go out of state to buy it?

KB

9. akerr

akerr LawnSite Member

yes, i went out of state to buy the mower, so it was 10400 and 50 for filing fees.

10. Saxman

Saxman LawnSite Member

I bought a ZD21 PRO 60 last July. 0 % for 3 years. I gave $9300.
    I love the mower, the 21HP has plenty of power for my use, I read on the forum about them being under powered. Well I have never had any problems in that area. I checked out the competetors, I liked the Kubota for the following reasons: 1. Diesel power, 2. suspension seat, 3. hydraulic deck lift, 4. 7 ga steel mower deck, 5. multi-disc wet clutch (no electrics), 6. 0% interest. I am not sorry about my purchase.