1. Missed the live Ask the Expert event?
    Not to worry. Check out the archived thread of the Q&A with Ken Hutcheson, President of U.S. Lawns, and the LawnSite community in the Franchising forum .

Dismiss Notice

Kubota RC60-B Blade Change, Help Please!

Discussion in 'Mechanic and Repair' started by Squirrel Chaser, Aug 20, 2005.

1. Squirrel Chaser

Squirrel Chaser LawnSite Member

I just aquired a used Kubota B1750, and the mid mower (RC60-B) is giving me a headache. How do I remove the blades? Seems like a simple question, but when I turn the nut (left) the belt and driveshaft turns also. Choking the blade with a piece of wood doesn't help as, the belt and everything still turns. I put a crowbar through the driveshaft, but that puts all the pressure on the belt, and as hard as I am turning I am afraid I am going to break the belt. There has to be something I am missing. Also, the middle blade is loose, and will not spin. It would seem that the nut should tighten up easily, but it won't budge at all (either way). Any suggestions. I tried searching the forum, but couldn't find any matches with this deck. Thanks for your help. I am new to this forum, but hopefully I can contribute in the future.
    Squirrel Chaser
  2. Restrorob

Restrorob LawnSite Fanatic

Sounds like you need a air or electric impact wrench and you may have some thread problems on the shafts.
  3. Itsgottobegreen

Itsgottobegreen LawnSite Silver Member

Impact gun is the only choice. If you don't have one. Throw the deck in the back of your truck and take it to a tire shop. They can get the bolts off for you.