Kubota skid steer

Discussion in 'Heavy Equipment & Pavement' started by AWJ Services, Mar 25, 2008.

1. AWJ Services

AWJ Services LawnSite Platinum Member
    from Ga

Was it at the con expo.
    I have had a dealer tell me that they will be for sale within a year.

2. ksss

ksss LawnSite Fanatic

I only saw the Kubota booth from a distance. They had a shitty location. They most have come to ConExpo on a budget.

Several years ago Kubota was going to use the Thomas skid steer. Maybe they will buy Thomas. Over perhaps build their own. Probably not a great time to jump into the NA skid steer market.

3. AWJ Services

AWJ Services LawnSite Platinum Member
    from Ga

I was told that Doocat was no longer going too use Kubota engines.
    As a result they ventured in the skid steer market.

They will have a full line with machines up too 90+ hp.
    They also will have track machines as well.
    The dealer spoke as if it was a done deal and all dealers would have had demoed them by fall.
    I heard the rumor before and it seems that somone would have already seen a machine or a picture being they are this close too offering one for sale.

4. Tigerotor77W

Tigerotor77W LawnSite Bronze Member
    from Germany

I hear they're coming, too, but haven't seen pictures or anything to tantalize your taste buds.

Apparently, two track models will be the first to arrive this fall, according to a thread on another site.

5. KTM

KTM LawnSite Senior Member

They should be good sellers, Kubota has A cult like following around here. Like Ksss said though I would think it would be a bad time to get into the market, but i'am sure Kubota has the capital to hang in there, it's probably just going to mean trouble for the competition. I have known a few people that have chosen BC just because they had A Kubota power plant.

6. stuvecorp

stuvecorp LawnSite Fanatic

I'm not sure why they would jump in now, the market is so competitive how are they doing to make a dent? I have always heard that their parts availability is not so good. To get them out they would have to be either cheap or actually a real good machine, what are the odds? I also bring up Volvo, Komatsu as an example of what were they thinking. To be fair the Komatsu may have been okay but haven't seen any attempt to really sell them here.

7. KTM

When ever Kubota comes out with something it does not take long for people to switch over. I'am not saying Kubota is the best thing out there, although I have had great luck with them. I have never had a problem getting parts, but I also have never needed anything beside basic maintenance items, which do seam to cost more than the competition. There are more Kubota dealers in A 50 mile radius than any of the competition, and there not controlled area's so it makes it easy to get good deals on new equipment. I would think that they won't hurt the competition right away but, after they get established they will.

8. qps

qps LawnSite Bronze Member
    from Indy

heard the same thing from the kubota and cat dealer...doosan and kubota do not get along...two different countries...if kubota builds a skidsteer like there tractors, it should be a good one...I got a 2000 L4610 tractor still on the original battery....

9. JDSKIDSTEER

JDSKIDSTEER LawnSite Bronze Member

You do not actualy think Kubota built the battery do you?

10. KTM

I doubt they build there batteries, but who ever does builds them damn good! We have A 96 L3600 tractor and A 97 mower both with original batteries, and I had to move the mower last month with the shed being about 15 degrees and it fired right up! Never a trickle charger or a jump on either of them! Now this spring they will probably both go to hell because I wrote this.