kubota stripes

Discussion in 'Original Pictures Forum' started by chris_poyner, May 17, 2007.

1. chris_poyner

chris_poyner LawnSite Member

well as most of us know, kubota ztr's dont stripe worth nothing without striping kits compared to other commercial ztr's. here is a picture i took today after cutting my backyard with my zd21. i just put new high lift blades on it last night and it stripes 10x better now. i know the lawn isnt the prettiest but its proof that a kubota CAN stripe. have a great evening:cool2:

0517071341.jpg

2. Grass Cake

Grass Cake LawnSite Senior Member
    from Zone C

Sorry to be a "buzzkill" but, those are tire tracks!

I could never get a half a** stripe with a ZD18. I even put a mudflap on the back.

My customers never mentioned a difference in the look,so i tossed it and settled for a clean.flat cut after deck tweaking.

Maybe a roller?

P.S. Get ready to be slammed for the condition of that grass!

Good Luck!

3. d&rlawncare

d&rlawncare LawnSite Senior Member

What height are you cutting at? That looks REAL REAL low to me!!!!

4. MOW PRO LAWN SERVICE

MOW PRO LAWN SERVICE LawnSite Bronze Member

I am missing the stripes,you need a striping kit.

5. hoskm01

hoskm01 LawnSite Fanatic

Keep trying there, but your tires do leave nice tracks, no stripes though.

6. bobac

bobac LawnSite Member

My ZD21 stripes great. No Stripe kit or anything. Just play with the deck pitch and run mid or high lift blades.

PDRM0021.jpg

7. mcwlandscaping

mcwlandscaping LawnSite Gold Member

Cutting higher would definitely help your problem and also adding a stripe kit.....my eXmark stripes incredibly well with no stripe kit.

8. chris_poyner

the picture was taken from my phone so the picture does it no justice.

the grass is cut at 3" i dont maintain my grass as much as i do my clients. inplus, the house was just built last summer so we're still working on the landscaping

9. mcwlandscaping

mcwlandscaping LawnSite Gold Member

Since i don't think you can PM yet, could you give me some more info on your trailer? Looks pretty sweet!! How much did you pay for it if you dont mind me asking. I'm in the market for a new one

10. chris_poyner

Its a 6x18 holmes built trailer. google holmes trailers and you might have a dealer near you but im not sure because they're built in virginia. after a little dealing, i got it out the door for 2899 with taxes and all. it pulls very well also.