Kubota SVL75??

Discussion in 'Heavy Equipment & Pavement' started by KrayzKajun, Nov 23, 2012.

1. KrayzKajun

KrayzKajun LawnSite Fanatic

They had a 90 sitting next to another 75 and the 90 is too big overall as a machine. I still want to use the machine for landscaping.
    Posted via Mobile Device
  2. Cornell

Cornell LawnSite Senior Member
    from MN

tracks look about done, ask for new ones for 34k

I really don't like that track pattern.
  3. KrayzKajun

Contacting the dealer today to see what type of deal they can work out. Definitly want new set of tracks and maybe a grapple bucket too. Lol ( we can all wish)
    Posted via Mobile Device
  4. Marek

Marek LawnSite Bronze Member

Either which way negotiate a new set of tracks into the deal then take them with you , get the last couple hundred hrs out of the old tracks then just put the new ones on yourself then you are ahead of the game.
  5. ARP

ARP LawnSite Bronze Member

I would definitely push them for new tracks on that machine for the asking price. If they don't want to do that, have them lower the asking price by $5k and put new tracks on it yourself when the old ones wear out in a few hundred more hours.

Other than that, the machine doesn't look to be in bad shape. I can't speak to how well the machine runs as I haven't run one of these new Kubotas myself, but I am starting to see them more up in my area which is diehard Cat and Bobcat territory. Just make sure you check everything over before you sign on the dotted line.
    Last edited: Nov 26, 2012
  6. KrayzKajun

Thanks Andrew & everyone else for the advice.
  7. KrayzKajun

Trying to setup a demo for end of next week. Working on a bid to renovate a park so this machine would pay for itself on that job.
    Posted via Mobile Device
  8. KrayzKajun

Hows the lift capacity?
    Posted via Mobile Device
  9. jlawnservice

jlawnservice LawnSite Member

kubota is going to be the machine to have after 2014 thats when they take all kubota engines away from bobcat
  10. Digdeep

Digdeep LawnSite Bronze Member

"Taking away" may be a little bit of a stretch, but I agree that the Kubota engine brand helped Bobcat. I guess I can't blame Doosan for going with an engine that they make on their own. It will definitely increase Doosan's margins by not having to buy from another OEM. Not sure if there is any net gain for the Bobcat dealers since I don't see Doosan/Bobcat lowering the dealer's prices.

Don't forget that all of CAT's compact equipment will have Kubota engines too so Kubota won't exactly have the market cornered with their engine.