Kubota track loader

Discussion in 'Heavy Equipment & Pavement' started by Wisentaner, Apr 5, 2011.

1. Wisentaner

Wisentaner LawnSite Member

Any one have or have tried one yet? What do you think?

2. SellingIron

SellingIron LawnSite Senior Member
    from FTE

This is just my 2 cents.. I think they should be buried in concrete or maybe used as a boat anchor...:laugh::laugh::laugh::laugh:

3. StihlBR600

StihlBR600 LawnSite Senior Member

Sellingiron is a dumba**. As a matter of fact i just demoed one yesterday at my local Weingartz. It was the SVL 75 with the 2 speed tranny. It was a very nice machine but it was too bad i couldnt dig a whole or something. The price was $47,000!! oh yeah it had a throttle pedal on the floor but you could also run it at full throttle all the time with the lever on the side. It had the self leveling bucket too, which is noce for loading trucks

4. Snooker182

Snooker182 LawnSite Member

I got to spend some time on a 90, found it really smooth and well balanced. Was off-loading soaked pallets of sod from a tractor trailer in the yard. Best part i thought about the bota' was that the cab layout was probably big enough for my girlfriend to hop in with me and have some sexy time.
    -Ben

5. ConstSvcs

ConstSvcs LawnSite Senior Member

My local dealer finally has a SVL75 in stock with an enclosed factory cab. I had a chance to sit in it after hours since they left it unlocked. I have to say............the cab is VERY large!!! I was thinking of trading my 07 CT322 for the this model since Kubota has a great 0% program going. I will say that I CANNOT see the corners of the Kubota low profile bucket while seated with my back against the seat back............this is NOT a problem with the CT322. I do like Kubota's use of the bucket curl cylinder piston guards. The roll up door is great also. I understand the ease of sealing with the swing door on the new Deere but the roll up door convenience is hard to forget. I'm going to try to get a demo..........will keep you all updated.

6. ksss

ksss LawnSite Fanatic

I ran the 75 at the CASE proving grounds in AZ. I was not impressed with this machine. I stepped into it thinking it was really going to be something given how good Kubota's mini ex is, but it was major let down. The visibility to the bucket was not good but worse than that the cab is too wide to see the sides of the machine very easily. The machine had good breakout force but other than that I thought it was unimpressive in lift capacity and pushing power. The controls were not as precise as I thought they would be. The cab left a lot to be desired. I would not own one.

7. Ozz

Ozz LawnSite Senior Member

I'm gonna echo what KSSS said. No power, and the cab's too freaking wide. I couldn't see my cutting edge, which pissed me off. I though Kubota would do better after their tractors and excavators being to good.

8. AWJ Services

AWJ Services LawnSite Platinum Member
    from Ga

They have several at the local dealer. I have not tested one yet but I hope to soon. I prefer the big cabs and seeing the bucket cutting edge is not a big deal since most of the time it's covered up with dirt.

It would be hard for me to think they got it perfect on there first try but it looks pretty good in my opinion.

9. Digdeep

Digdeep LawnSite Bronze Member

I'll echo the breakout opinion...it was plenty good, and the hose and electrical layout was well done. I'm not as concerned about my cutting edge either, but the issue for me was more to do with the bucket corners. I thought the cab was quite agricultural, kind of like my old ASV..functional, but lacking any refinement(would,t be a deal breaker for me though). Otherwise, performance was OK, but nothing special.
    Posted via Mobile Device

10. swanny

swanny LawnSite Senior Member

Friend of mine said local dealer told him they were having repair issues with them.