1. Missed the live Ask the Expert event?
    Not to worry. Check out the archived thread of the Q&A with Ken Hutcheson, President of U.S. Lawns, and the LawnSite community on the Franchising Forum.

Dismiss Notice

Kubota Utility Tractor tasks

Discussion in 'Tractors' started by thecuttingedgelawn, Oct 9, 2012.

1. thecuttingedgelawn

thecuttingedgelawn LawnSite Member

I'm throwing around the idea of getting a Kubota Utility Tractor w/ Loader and maybe a few attachments. In the 30-38hp range. We have a farm which I would use this on quite a bit. (Logging/Land clearing, Mowing, Dirt Work and Loading scrap) What are some extra/side tasks/jobs that aren't too involved that I could use this for outside the farm? What do you guys use yours for? (besides obviously landscaping and snow removal) And I would rather not get into real hardcore landscaping. Thanks for your input!

2. lawn king

lawn king LawnSite Silver Member

Plowing,loading,aerating,york raking,spreading,boom spraying,brush hogging,light grading,post hole digging,etc.

3. gcbailey

gcbailey LawnSite Silver Member
    from WV

Around here we make excellent money brush hogging lots that people want maintained once a month.

We also do the typical plow, till, disc, cultivate garden plots, but we currently have a BX and a B, so they are a little easier to transport than probably a Kubota L or M...

People who are willing to do work with sub compact and compact utility tractors can name their price on somethings.

4. Marek

Marek LawnSite Bronze Member

I have a Kubota 3240 with over 700hrs on it. Love it but if it were our only machine I would go up in hp. Go for the grand L cab , you will never regret it ,no more cold wet or dry and dusty days.