Kubota v. Grasshopper

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by sclk0907, Oct 24, 2007.

1. sclk0907

sclk0907 LawnSite Member

I'm looking ahead to next year trying to capitalize on these great interest rates and have narrowed my decision down to the Grasshopper front mount mower and the kubota Z series. I have been running Kubota, but I really like the cut from the Grasshopper and its capability to run so many different attachments. Does anyone have any comments about either of these mowers? We will be using diesel powered engines in either one.
  2. Envy Lawn Service

Envy Lawn Service LawnSite Fanatic

As it stands, I don't care what anyone says... Grasshopper OWNS the diesel mower market as of right now. There may be some better packages forthcoming for 2008 from other MFG's (I dunno) but still... they won't have the battle proven status, so....

They own both categories, front mount and mid-mount.
  3. zapper

zapper LawnSite Member

We purchased a 928D grasshopper and has been the best thing ever. We also have a b2910 with a 3 pt finish mower which does not get much use now. Th grasshopper is an awesome mower.
  4. tacoma200

tacoma200 LawnSite Fanatic

Front mount Grasshoppers are very popular here. Those that run them love them. They have a great engine selection and lots of attachments and the ride is a plus. The deck recycles grass more than some which leaves a great cut but it's not the best deck for dew or wet conditions.
  5. Two Seasons

Two Seasons LawnSite Senior Member

We recently purchased a Scag Turf Tiger with the 27 Kohler engine.

When we were shopping for a new 61", we seriously considered the Grasshopper 900 series with the Kubota 32 gas engine. We'd buy a Kubota engine, but not the mower. I think Grasshopper makes a pretty good machine.
  6. PLM-1

PLM-1 LawnSite Bronze Member

I like Kubota engines, hate Kubota mowers. I've had several Grasshoppers. They're the best in my opinion.
  7. Terraformer

Terraformer LawnSite Member

I have the 928D w/61" Power Fold deck. This is my 3rd Grasshopper, but my first one with the Power Fold deck. Makes changing the blades and general deck inspection/maintenance a very simple task.

I also have the 60" Aera-vator and like it too!
  8. Grass Man

Grass Man LawnSite Senior Member

.... I don't think you can beat the Grasshopper. It was my first choice, then I got sidetracked a couple of years back.

Wish you the best. :)
  9. PLM-1

PLM-1 LawnSite Bronze Member

Don't they say to never change your first answer/choice? LOL get back on track!!
  10. Grass Man

Grass Man LawnSite Senior Member

.... For the most part, your absolutely correct!! :usflag: