Kubota vrs Exmark

Discussion in 'eXmark' started by Daner, Jul 27, 2006.

1. Daner

Daner LawnSite Bronze Member

This is for the Exmark Techs...
    I,m thinking of trading my 72" zd28 pro deck/mower In on a Exmark zero turn.
    I have not been satisfied with the cut since day one...Now with the mulching kit...Its not working for me by ant means.
    Can you tell me If and why your exmark top of your line zee turns will make me a happier man?
    Thanks in advance
    Daner

2. DEEJ

DEEJ LawnSite Member

Daner,

You are asking the Exmark Techs for a sales pitch. You are targeting the wrong group! With such a broad ranging question, you may not get an answer at all.

I'll add my 2 cents. I have never owned Kubota ZTRs, but I own an 01 Exmark Lazer 26HP EFI and an 03 Exmark Lazer 28HP EFI. Both have the Ultracut deck. Both have oodles of power, sip fuel, and leave a carpet smooth cut. Both run the factory mulch kit year round except during leaf season when the Accelerator bagger is on. At that point I use the stock high lift blade. Both have been extremely maintenance free machines. They certainly get my vote.

deej

3. lazer9284

lazer9284 LawnSite Member
    from florida

bump........

4. ToroLandscaper

ToroLandscaper LawnSite Bronze Member

If you werent happy with your Kubota i really dont think you will like exmark with the new triton decks as you have probablly herd they have had alot of problems with it...i would look into a demo or slightly used one without the triton deck..those were/are really good mowers

5. tomo

tomo LawnSite Senior Member

hello, on the whole diesel is more reliable, Exmark diesel23-25 hp .900cc.,,,,,,,,,,,Kubota 1.15lt 28hp if pwr is apriority u will step backwards if selecting exmark. Iam looking 4 a diesel my self where are the 28 kubs fitted to exmark/toro...????????????????[standard range domestic and LCE } TORO is coming out with a FULL COMMERCIAL Ground master 28 kub . Suspect expensive . TOUGH as nails. OPTIONAL 5000hr warranty$$$$$$$$ tomo PS read in toro catalouge quote "great improvement in performance in new model 28hp " [old 25]this was 4 grounds master surrounds mower.

6. PLM-1

PLM-1 LawnSite Bronze Member

Grasshopper 928/428 Kubota diesel whoops buttocks!

7. Daner

From my research I see what your saying about the new Triton Deck...and Like Dee Was saying about the older ultracuts...At this stage of the game the Mulching kit Is now off...and I'm back to the old Side discharge...With the High Lifts ...the dealer took the kit back with no problem...they even sent a mech. down here to change it back for me...and now they are realy interested in making this machine cut to perfection...so We will see what happens.

8. Daner

Yes the Kubota is a Bit of a race car...That part I like...Its just the Deck...Now this deck I have Is the Pro Deck...and You think they would have it mastered by now.
    I thought toro Is hooked up with Exmark some way or another...But I will take a look at this machine that your talking about GM.28.
    Cheers
    Daner

9. tomo

tomo LawnSite Senior Member

hello, new Toro is a ztr fitted with tubo force deck. Toro and Exmark ,are basically the same company with product line differences. Tomo

10. ToroLandscaper

ToroLandscaper LawnSite Bronze Member

And toros turbo force is a MILLION times better then the triton...also toro had NO problems when they came out with there new deck