Kubota vs Ferris Who wins??

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by sclk0907, May 11, 2007.

1. sclk0907

sclk0907 LawnSite Member

What do ya'll think the better mower is Kubota diesel or Ferris diesel?

2. JTF40

JTF40 LawnSite Senior Member

Kubota diesel outsells the Ferris diesel by a WIDE margin - you decide.

Keep in mind, a friend of mine buys ONLY Ferris gas ZTR's and I am a big fan of them. However, the Kubota engines are tried and true. Many manufacturers use Kubota's on their units.

3. NELawnCare

NELawnCare LawnSite Member

It's like comparing a cadillac to a cadillac. It depends on what you want. The Ferris will provide the most comfortable ride with their enhanced suspension system. I'm a Ferris fan myself.

4. David Gretzmier

David Gretzmier LawnSite Gold Member

My heinie tells me the kubota is a pretty good ride, even though the ferris has independant suspension. the resale on a kubota is way up there compared to ferris as well. kubota's also seem to be on the quiet side. My brother has run three of the kubota's through the wringer, and they are still running for the folks he sold them to. good luck-

5. JoshC

JoshC LawnSite Member

I'd say both are great machines. About the only way to tell what would be right for you is to try them out. I've got two Ferris's and both are awesome machines. I've also got a small Kubota tractor with the 22HP diesel in it, and for its size, that little thing can kick some butt.

6. barnard

barnard LawnSite Senior Member

Had a kubota. Due to problems ranging from broken deck lift arm, to a leaking head gasket etc . At 100 hours I took a 3k hit in the pocket to get rid of it. Local service sucked. never fixed correctly on first visit. Now I own Ferris.Very Satisfied.

7. rodfather

rodfather LawnSite Fanatic

they both have their strong points

8. Tim Wright

Tim Wright LawnSite Bronze Member

The Ferris is not a Ferris Diesel, its a CAT diesel.

Tim

9. B&M

B&M LawnSite Senior Member

kubota all the way.

10. Toad

Toad LawnSite Senior Member

2nd that!

I think there is is a big price margine between the two. With Kubota being much cheaper.