kubota vs scag vs bad boy

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by wellington123, Mar 26, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. wellington123

wellington123 LawnSite Member

Decided to purchase another commercial diesel mower. Iv looked at the kubota,scag and the compact bad boy diesel mowers. I am really leaning towards the scag or the bad boy but just looking for imput on them.

thanks

2. wellington123

Lets hear some ups and downs of the mowers the quality of cut, reliability, and the all around mower.

3. planetlc

planetlc LawnSite Member

This thread won't turn out well.

What models are you looking at?
    Posted via Mobile Device

4. nepatsfan

nepatsfan LawnSite Gold Member

5. wellington123

sorry about not making sense on the thread it was late and i was tired last night. Im looking a the

kubota ZD326 or ZD331
    Bad boy compact diesel
    scag turf tiger with the 28hp cat diesel

6. pvbooner

pvbooner LawnSite Member
    from indiana

I have a friend that had one of the kubota diesels and did not get 300 hours out of the drive train. When he took it back to the dealer, the dealer had two more with the same problem with similar hours. Don't know if they have it worked out or not but it was a very expensive fix. I have heard some good and alot of bad with the bad boys, looked into the diesel and was not impressed with the handling at all. Don't really care for the handling of the turf tiger but of the three you listed I would feel most comfortable with it as far as durability goes. It has proven itself as a durable, well built machine. Good luck with whatever you choose.

7. ashley lawn

ashley lawn LawnSite Member
    from NewYork

Iv got a old zd18 don't use it much if at all any more 4900 hours runs like new down fall is slow ground speed and poor grass eject but its also only 18hp with with 60 inch cut
    Posted via Mobile Device

8. wellington123

i am going to buy the scag turf tiger with the cat diesel for $14 grand.

9. mtmower

mtmower LawnSite Bronze Member

Can I ask why your going diesel vs gas. I'm buying new and kicking it around. The off road diesel fuel would be a little more of a hassle and maybe more expensive then mid grade non-ethanol. You'd probably have more torque but heavier mower. It may last longer, but people are getting 3000-4000 out of a gas and in my mind the rest of the mower is due to be retired by then. Plus I understand, diesels have more maintenance needed compared to gas. Have you ever seen any specs. on gpm fuel comparison? Just interested.

10. wellington123

the main the i went with diesel is that my dad is a farm so i can get as much diesel from the tanks at the farm for free

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.