Kubota z turn

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by dandavis, Feb 24, 2008.

1. dandavis

dandavis LawnSite Member

Anyone run a kubota z turn and if so how do they cut. The dealer I use said he would sell me 1 for 8800.00 out the door.27hp gas 60 inch
  2. abuckeye

abuckeye LawnSite Member

I have a friend that runs 2 diesel Kubotas, ZD-21. They are great, but not sure about the gas ones. He has had some problems with the hydro's but they are still under warranty.
  3. His Scapes

His Scapes LawnSite Member

I run one zd 26 with the diesel.It rides and drives alot better than the toro z's that I have.I also have the 60" cut and paid 10K.I think 8800 sounds good for a gas.I paid 6500 for a 48" toro gas.Again I would strongly recommend the Kubota over the others.
  4. brownsallseasonlandscape

brownsallseasonlandscape LawnSite Member

My dealer told me about a week ago in all of the years the kubota zero turn has been out he has never had a customer pay for a hydro part (Not filters or belts but the major parts.) The new diesels are completely different from the old and I am told much much better.
  5. karol

karol LawnSite Member
    from ontario

If you're going with Kubota you got to go diesel...!!!!! They are great. They can take a lot of pounding,heavy duty>>>>
  6. We sell both the Toro and the Kubota. If you look at a Kubota then go diesel ZD26. The Zg Gas model is for light duty landscaper or hd homeowner.
    Kevin Emerich
    Emerich Sales & Service inc. NY
  7. grassman177

grassman177 LawnSite Fanatic

i have run many Kubota zd mowers. started with the original zd21 and had 2, never had a problem, upgraded to 3 zd28 and lo9ved them but had transmission problems(they were bad). we upgraded again to the new and way improved zd326 and these things are great. they cut superbly with the extra deep 6.5in deck. have all the power you would ever need and the trannys are strong and seem much more reliable now. i highly recommend them, but i am not sure about the gas. just saw one the other day and the unit was very similar to my 26 diesel but u loose the front end pivot which is the best thing ever and the front jack which is even better of a idea, very useful. my dealer thinks the gas engines are kubota designed and spec but Kohler built but was not sure since he got them in that day. go with the diesel dude, you will never regret the extra money spent, very long service intervals with these units too!

i have put thousands of hours on kubotas
  8. FordLawnLandscape

FordLawnLandscape LawnSite Member

Bought my ZD326 back in the fall and have fell in love w/ it . Tons of power, great cut, the comforts great, one of the best seats on the market in my opinion. IMO I dont see how you could go wrong by buying orange!!
  9. IMAGE

IMAGE LawnSite Bronze Member
    from midwest

What type of properties do you run your 326 on? Would you run it on 1/4 and 1/3rd acre apartments that require 100% bagging? or would it be to big for places that small? There really is not alot of trees or anything in the way, just lots of short back and forths.

Do you have any problem with it bagging or getting plugged?
  10. dandavis

dandavis LawnSite Member

I cut all residential except for some car dealers and office buildings . A few years back I had 10 apt complexes as well but there is no loyalty in commercial accts. plus I was subcontractor thru this company that doesnt even own a lawn mower, worked for a few years but eventually feel apart. I only use the bagger at only a handful of properties,the really picky mansions. I mainy just run 1 z and have a trimmer follow me and it works out great just limited to what we take on. Bagger doesnt get plugged you just have to clean and scrape everything ALOT! Kubota sounds pretty sweet,dealer said the gas comes with the pivot front too for that price. I put 750 hours on the machine that I ran last year so ill be putting the kubota to the test I guess.