1. Missed the live Ask the Expert event?
    Not to worry. Check out the archived thread of the Q&A with Ken Hutcheson, President of U.S. Lawns, and the LawnSite community in the Franchising forum .

Dismiss Notice

Kubota ZD 18 vs Wright Sentar Sport

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by T & M Lawn, Apr 6, 2008.

1. T & M Lawn

T & M Lawn LawnSite Member

I am going to purcahse possible one of these mowers tomorrow and am wondering if anyone has comments on either machine.
    The kubota zd18 with 54" cuti s a 2003 with 1000 hrs on it and I can buy it for 3900.(homeonewr used)
    The Sentar Sport 54" is a demo 2007 with 97 hrs on it. His best price on this machine is $5900 with full warranty. Wondering which mower cuts the best and be most productive?

2. tb8100

tb8100 LawnSite Bronze Member
    from TX

You're talking about two totally different machines. The Sentar Sport is more of a front mountish design, versus the Kubota being a traditional midmount. The Sentar Sport has awesome trimming ability. The Sport also gives you the ability to step right off the machine either to pick things up and get them out of the way or in the event of an emergency or what have you. The Wright easily has a design advantage over the Kubota. As far as which cuts better...I'd have to leave that to the guys that cut for a living on here. I'm not a Wright dealer, but I'm a fan of their machines. They're super cool.

Can't go wrong with a warranty either. Does the dealer have any large frame Sentars available at good pricing? The full blown Sentars have a floating deck and go quite a bit faster.
  3. grassman177

grassman177 LawnSite Fanatic

i love both, but you are way better to get the wright. the old kubota decks like those are pretty lousy cutters. good power and reliable oh yeah, but your better cut and maneuverability will be with the wright sentar