Kubota ZD-21 - 60 Pro...

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by KQA3637, Apr 24, 2004.

1. KQA3637

KQA3637 LawnSite Member
    from Florida

In 3 weeks I will be buying a ZD 21 - 60 Pro...
    Could someone tell me if $9750.00 is a decent price for one of these machines here in Florida... I see them mentioned on here for less, but I cannot find a dealer in central Florida that will sell one to me for less...
    Any comments would be useful... Thanks in advance...

2. woodworker41

woodworker41 LawnSite Member

Dana.
    i just bought one for $9,700 here in Dallas. I had to look around first and find out what the lowest price was first. Then I could get the salesman to come down on the price. Good mower, You will like it a lot.

Dan

3. bayfish

bayfish LawnSite Senior Member

I was quoted $9900 for the same mower about a month ago. Sounds good to me.

4. pokemon

pokemon LawnSite Member

I paid 12,500 for a ZD28-60 Pro last September here in Central Florida. Awesome mower great on fuel and it fun fun fun :D

Pokemon

5. Craftybigdog

Craftybigdog LawnSite Senior Member

Wow I just bought a ZD-28 with a 60in prodeck a month a ago for 10500.00 out the door!

6. pokemon

pokemon LawnSite Member

just maybe I got ripped but I still like the mower
    Pokemon

7. Lawn-Scapes

Lawn-Scapes LawnSite Silver Member

Hey Crafty.. How do you like the Kubota? Anything you don't like about it? I'm trying to decide between it and a Dixie... leaning toward the Dixie. I'm going with a 72" deck though.

Pokemon.. I was quoted $10,700.00 for the ZD28 w/72" deck.

8. Craftybigdog

Craftybigdog LawnSite Senior Member

I will be honest with you I have a Dixie with a 72in deck and its a diesel. I demoed everything and my conclusion was that Kubota makes in my opinion one of the best mowers out there. It might not cut as good as the dixie but real close. But it is built so well I really like it. If you look over the mower real well youll see what Im talking about. Ive had some problems with the DC they are fixed now. If I could I would trade it in on a ZD-28 with a 72in deck and do nothing but run Kubota!

9. Lawn-Scapes

Lawn-Scapes LawnSite Silver Member

Thanks Crafty.. In what way do mean that the Kubota might not cut as good as the Dixie? What problems were you having with the Dixie?

I really need to make a decision soon to keep up with the work load.

10. Sam-Ohio

Sam-Ohio LawnSite Senior Member
    from Ohio

The Kubotas are very good machines - but the 28 hp machine has so much more power than the 21 hp there is just no comparison. You may find the 21 adequite in Florida, since the ground is so flat, but even on level ground the ZD 21 is no power house ! Can you imagine how gutless an Exmark, Hustler, or Scag 60 inch Z mower would be if it only had a 21 hp engine ? Well don't let anyone kid you that diesel horsepower is different than gas horsepower - it aint so ! On top of it all, the Kubota is not a light weight unit - so it really needs more power to move it at a good speed and mow 60 inches of your tough Florida grass.

If you have a Gravely dealer near to you , at least go over and ask to demo their 260 Z - diesel. It has a 27 hp Daihatsu diesel. Hydraulic deck lift, hydraulic service jack system, suspention seat, terrific 5 1/2 in deep 7 ga, fabricated mower deck, and even head lights, and a rear hitch, all for the same or less than the $9750 that you are going to pay for the ZD 21 Kubota.

The Gravely has about a 14 mph ground speed ! Which is way faster than anyone would want to mow at, but it does have the horsepower to mow much faster than the ZD 21 Kubota will ever be able to do.

Since the Gravely diesel Z seems to be one of Americas best kept secrets, at least check it out.