Kubota ZD 21 60" vs Exmark Lazer Z 60" Kawasaki 25HP

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by rlf, Apr 2, 2002.

1. rlf

rlf LawnSite Member
    from 36116

I am buying my first ZTR. I have gotten a price on the Kubota ZD 21 60 of $8900. The Exmark Laser Z 60 25HP Kawasaki is $7200. Which is the better deal? Is the diesel worth the additional $1700? Thanks for the help.

2. toroboy

toroboy LawnSite Member

i would go with the exmark mower , ithink they cut better and r more reliable it really depends on how many lawns you have if u have a whole lot it might be better to go with the diseal becasue u will save money on gas ,but i think the exmark u will have less mechanical problems.

3. TLS

TLS LawnSite Fanatic

I would say, go with the Lazer. Its a proven design, and dealers abound. Plus, like I said before, 21hp Diesel is not enough for a 60" deck (IMHO).

You will save a lot of money in GAS with the Kubota!

You will save a lot of money in DIESEL with the Lazer!
    :D

4. Tim Baden

Tim Baden LawnSite Member

Go with exmark they are the best,and
    remember anybody can fix a gas engine.Then you have the diesel fumes all the time.Good luck in whatever you chose.

5. kbcjlc

kbcjlc LawnSite Member

Go with Exmark and you may want to add eXmark E-Z Striping Kit later on.

Keith

6. Foz

Foz LawnSite Member

:confused: a 21 HP Kubota diesel not enough to run a 60" deck???? it is nearly equivalent to a 30 HP gas engine. I have a 22HP kubota diesel with 60" deck that can cut through 6" of wet grass at 1/3 speed, try it first, exmark is good machine but diesel is worth the $$, just my opinion

7. Mowingman

Mowingman LawnSite Platinum Member
    from Texas

I have run Grasshopper 60" mowers with the Kubota 21HP diesel and I feel like they are underpowered in heavy mowing conditions. Kubota is coming out with a bigger diesel for their ZTR's. I think it may be the 28HP engine that Grasshopper is using. THe 28 has plenty of power,as I have one on my Grasshopper 428D with a 72" deck.:)

8. Yard

Yard LawnSite Member

rlf,
    Wow. Are those prices for new machines? $7200 for a 60" Lazer is a great price.

Where are you located?

Good luck with your purchase.

9. landscaper3

landscaper3 LawnSite Bronze Member

I also would go with the Exmark like someone pointed out a proven design!

10. 65hoss

65hoss LawnSite Fanatic

eXmark :blob4: eXmark :blob4: eXmark