kubota zd 21

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by liquidforcedude7, Oct 3, 2005.

1. liquidforcedude7

liquidforcedude7 LawnSite Senior Member
    from america

In the classifieds here there is a kubota ZD21 60" 21hp diesel for $8950 its a 2005 with 6 hours its got the hydraulic deck lift and all the stuff that makes you lazy. This is a good deal right?? my dad really likes it cause its shaft driven and the grass it would be used on is pretty thick.

2. LwnmwrMan22

LwnmwrMan22 LawnSite Platinum Member

Not to bust your bubble, but if you get into any tall / thick grass at all, you're probably going to have problems with that 21 hp.

I've got a ZD28, IMO, that 21 hp is going to be underpowered somewhat.

New, I have to believe they aren't too much more than that, I can buy a new 25 hp for about $10.5k, so I'd think a new 21 hp, if they even make them anymore, for around $9.5-9.8k.

If you were to look at it, I'd offer the guy $8 or 8.5k at the most.

3. liquidforcedude7

liquidforcedude7 LawnSite Senior Member
    from america

When I first saw that it was 21 hp I though it was underpowered but then it said 3 cylinder diesel so I figured it must have some power. I dont know what made me think the base price for any decent kubota was > 12k. Thats probably why it looked so good. thanks for your help....any other opnions are welcome

4. Itsgottobegreen

Itsgottobegreen LawnSite Silver Member

Well I talked to my dealer about a ZD21 and he said go ZD25. The 4 extra horses make a big difference. $10,500 if I bought two