1. Missed the live Ask the Expert event?
    Not to worry. Check out the archived thread of the Q&A with Ken Hutcheson, President of U.S. Lawns, and the LawnSite community in the Franchising forum .

Dismiss Notice

Kubota Zd 331 60" with mulch kit

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by greencuts, Dec 5, 2007.

1. greencuts

greencuts LawnSite Member

Will make my first post an easy one.....The new zd's have just arrived in Oz and after plenty of research have decided to take the plunge, although they cost US$22,000 here. If anyone is running the mulch kit can I get some feedback. Does longer grass slow the engine down? Do you need to make a second pass? Is quality of cut as good? Is it a big process to change back to side discharge? At $400 for the kit I'd hate to be dissappointed. Thanks.
  2. grassman177

grassman177 LawnSite Fanatic

i dont know about hte mulch kit, but you arent going to bog down that engine, i demoed the 331 and ran it straight up a huge incline at full speed and in kept on kuttin. i went with the 326 becaus ethe 331 really had too much power if you believe that one. they cut very clean , especially compared to the old zd machines. sorry i cant help with the mulch kit but i can only guess it will be good
  3. R and R Lawn Services

R and R Lawn Services LawnSite Member

Ive also got a 326 very powerful mower. I do have an older zd that we have used with a mulch kit and was not impressed with it on that mower, but the new mower is a totally different animal so it might be worth it