Kubota ZD final say

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by Toad, Apr 3, 2006.

1. Toad

Toad LawnSite Senior Member

After searchig and reading posts for more than a couple weeks now , and demoing , I can say I think , I may , I probrobly will , maybe , well , Its hard to say. Going to pick up my new ZD 28/ 72 thurs. Thanks to those who took the time to talk via phone , posts. Any last suggestions from Kubota owners out there. Thanks again. PS.....:hammerhead: :hammerhead: havent singed anything yet!

2. Travis Followell

Travis Followell LawnSite Silver Member
    from KY

Just make sure you have a good knowledgeable dealer with a good service department. There's nothing worse than a dealer with a poor service department that can't even level a deck.

3. Toad

Thanks , I am actually now thinking about buying another tank 60. My dealer wants me to stay cub. offered me a leftover 05 for 6600.00. 06 for 7000.00. I really like the cut quality of this machine and have nothing to wory about, I mean I am so stressed out trying to decide weather or not to buy the kubota that i am going to stay with what works. Plus this machine is 4500.00 cheaper than the bota. to much on the line nowhatimean. plus they have 0% @36mo.

4. JTF40

JTF40 LawnSite Senior Member

I have already told you, the ZD purchase will NOT be a regret !!!!!!! :usflag:

5. MSS Mow

MSS Mow LawnSite Senior Member
    from Maine

I love my ZD 21/60. It's a lot of dough, but it's worth every penny.

6. Travis Followell

Travis Followell LawnSite Silver Member
    from KY

I think that if you get the Kubota you will be happy. They have an excellent deck and the Kubota diesel will have sooo much more power than an air cooled gas and burn a lot less fuel. Plus the deck is shaft driven and they have a hydraulic clutch instead of an electric clutch to engage the blades like all other mowers do so. In my opinion your better off going with the Kubota or if you wanted to stay Cub then what about one of the new Tanks with a Cat diesel. It should be pretty close to the Kubota in price.

7. Toad

Thanks guys, I went with the cub this time. But you can better be shure I will keep an eye on the kubota. I need to spend some real time on this machine this summer , if it ever gets here. Ive got a hunch ill be buying another machine some day.
    With that said , I thing all of us should demo everthing we possibly can , even if were not in the market at the time .